What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad screen size for watching video

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People please stop and think before you allow another post like "I would rather view a video on a XX" screen than an iPad."

(Do you even have an iPad?)

PERSPECTIVE

Most view a 32" screen from about eight feet to ten feet away. You can view a 3.5" iPhone screen held a few inches from your face while lying down and it will appear in your vision to the the same size video as the 32" across the room. Have you noticed that?

The determining factor in your experience is the distance to any particular size screen. Now take that iPad (which has 8X more surface area than an iPhone screen) and hold it at a comfortable distance from your face and tell me how it compares to a larger screen much further away.

Can you now grasp why video on an iPad is such a good experience when compared to normal large screen TV if you normally are sitting far enough away from the TV?

The same with computer screens. You can have various sizes but when you get to the twenty four inch and larger sizes they become uncomfortable to work with unless you put more distance between you and the display.

Check it out, you will probably see what I mean.

Most reactions

Latest posts