What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad says it's full???

toothdoctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
When i connect my iPad to my computer to download the TV shows I like, it gives a message that there is no room left. The part of the bar that indicates video in the lower bar takes up more that 75%.
I have very little media on it as, however, I have been watching TV shows from the cloud lately and not the ones I normally download.
I did 2 soft restarts, holding my fingers on the home button and on the on/off button.
Still looks exactly the same.
Any help out there is appreciated.
RAM

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi,
When i connect my iPad to my computer to download the TV shows I like, it gives a message that there is no room left. The part of the bar that indicates video in the lower bar takes up more that 75%.
I have very little media on it as, however, I have been watching TV shows from the cloud lately and not the ones I normally download.
I did 2 soft restarts, holding my fingers on the home button and on the on/off button.
Still looks exactly the same. Any help out there is appreciated.

Hello - if you held both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously, then that is call a 'Reset' - did you wait until the Apple logo appeared followed by releasing both buttons together allowing the device to reboot?

What is the storage capacity of your iPad and how much is available - check in Settings -> General -> About? When plugged into your computer w/ iTunes open, can you do a screen capture and post back to this thread (below is my iPad which has 64 GB storage - as you can see, I do Audio and not Video on the device) of your storage bar graph (mine is shown below)? Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-07-03 at 6.02.29 PM.png

OP
T

toothdoctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Dave
Tried the Reset one more with no luck.
IPad Air; 64gb,
Do not know how to do screen capture or how to attach it here.
Thanks.
Going out of town 6AM so I hope to get thissolved.
RAM

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Dave
Tried the Reset one more with no luck.
IPad Air; 64gb,
Do not know how to do screen capture or how to attach it here.
Thanks.
Going out of town 6AM so I hope to get this solved.

Hi again - sorry about the 'Reset' not helping - sometimes the 'capacity' reporting will re-adjust. Your iPad has plenty of capacity @ 64 GB (same as my iPad Air 2).

As to a 'screen capture' (SC) depends on whether you are referring to the iPad (iOS), a Mac (OS X), or Windows - I no longer do windows ;) - SC on the iPad is done by pressing the ON-OFF & HOME buttons 'quickly' - you should hear a camera sound and the image is saved to your Photo App where you can do the desired manipulations.

If you are talking about a Mac (I usually use my MBPro w/ Yosemite 10.10.5) - SCs can be done using a combination of keys, e.g. CMD-SHIFT-3 will capture the entire screen or CMD-SHIFT-4 will allow you to select a portion of the screen (I use this method often on a daily basis) - then Preview (again on OS X) can be used to crop and re-size your captured images - let us know if that is what you want to know? By the way, the storage image I showed in my previous post was from my laptop using CMD-SHIFT-4 followed by some editing. Dave :)

OP
T

toothdoctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry. Could not figure out how to do a screen shot of my Windows computer with the iPad connected. Is there any other way to eliminate the very long line of "Video" when it does not match the connection. I have very little space available but only about 10 TV shows on the iPad.
Any help appreciated.
RAM

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Restore your iPad using iTunes. This should rectify the problem with your storage space. It's possible to restore from a backup after restoring, so make sure there's a most recent one, iTunes or iCloud - no matter which one you prefer.
If this doesn't help, you might need to erase your iPad and set it up as new.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry. Could not figure out how to do a screen shot of my Windows computer with the iPad connected. Is there any other way to eliminate the very long line of "Video" when it does not match the connection. I have very little space available but only about 10 TV shows on the iPad...............

Hi again - sorry, my last experience w/ Windows was Vista on a laptop & XP on a desktop - but for many years on PCs, my wife and I used Snagit to do 'screen captures' - I'm sure there are other options and likely some built into current Window versions.

Now, you've told us that your iPad has 64 GB capacity, but back in my Post #2, I asked 'how much' storage was left on your iPad? And 'how much' is your 'video' occupying? Can you delete 'old TV shows' and does that recovery any storage for you? Dave :)

vuut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how to download videos in YouTube??.. thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Restore your iPad using iTunes. This should rectify the problem with your storage space. It's possible to restore from a backup after restoring, so make sure there's a most recent one, iTunes or iCloud - no matter which one you prefer.
If this doesn't help, you might need to erase your iPad and set it up as new.

@ RAM - I was hoping to avoid J.A.'s suggestion which would have been my next recommendation; if none of my ideas help, then you need to 'bite the bullet' and do something more drastic - sorry. Dave :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
how to download videos in YouTube??.. thanks

Hello Vuut - first, welcome to the forum! :) Second, you have hijacked another's thread and likely will not receive the attention you deserve - please start a new thread of your own in an appropriate forum - Dave

Last edited:
OP
T

toothdoctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dave,
lMy image bar at the bottom says 50.28 gb and is over by 4.58gb.
I checked my ipad numerous times and cannot find extra programs to eliminate. I don't have about 5 TV shows in total on the iPad. I already took many off the ipad.
Any other suggestions?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dave,
lMy image bar at the bottom says 50.28 gb and is over by 4.58gb.
I checked my ipad numerous times and cannot find extra programs to eliminate. I don't have about 5 TV shows in total on the iPad. I already took many off the ipad.

Well, I still do not have a good idea of your storage distribution w/o a screen capture - another option, if not already done, is to go to Settings -> Usage -> Manage Storage (i.e. under Storage & not iCloud) - this should generate the screen shown below; first let us know the 'Used' & 'Available' numbers (connected arrows) - also look at the Apps listing and tell us the storage being used by the top ones, including your video.

If you cannot recover your storage, then a 'Restore' of your iPad as already suggested may be you next solution - check this Apple Support Article to understand what happens to your iPad when this procedure is done - cabled or iCloud options can be used. Dave :)
IMG_3860.PNG

OP
T

toothdoctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I still do not have a good idea of your storage distribution w/o a screen capture - another option, if not already done, is to go to Settings -> Usage -> Manage Storage (i.e. under Storage & not iCloud) - this should generate the screen shown below; first let us know the 'Used' & 'Available' numbers (connected arrows) - also look at the Apps listing and tell us the storage being used by the top ones, including your video.

If you cannot recover your storage, then a 'Restore' of your iPad as already suggested may be you next solution - check this Apple Support Article to understand what happens to your iPad when this procedure is done - cabled or iCloud options can be used. Dave :)
OK. I found what you were looking for. Storage used =55.2 gig; available = 631MB

OP
T

toothdoctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Dave. Thanks for all your help.
Last reply showed Settings>Usage as 55.2GB used with 634 available
Apps: Powerpoint =549MB, Videos 47.5MB, Word 543MB, Excel 528, iphoto314MB
Sorry to be so unfamiliar but after a year, I am still a newbie
THANKS11

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
OK. I found what you were looking for. Storage used =55.2 gig; available = 631MB

Well, now that is clearer - basically, you have no storage left - however, you did not provide information about which apps are taking up the most space? Actually, you can take a 'screen capture' of that information (as I explained previously) on the iPad and then try to upload the image? Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts