What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad is Almost Full Notice

toothdoctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the last few weeks, I get the above message when I connect my iPad to my computer. The bar at the bottom of the iPad that shows how much space is being used shows very little grey, or open space. But when I delete or even add a TV show, that bar shows alot of space, typically 10-15gb. In addition, there are times when it won't load all my transfers eventhough it shows plenty of room. Anyone know why this is happening?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you see an orange part as well when you look at the bar at the bottom, and does it take a lot of your storage space? If you hover over it with your cursor, it'll show "Other".

If that part needs most of your storage space, then restore your device using iTunes. "Other" consists of opened mail attachments that are still somewhere on your device, websites you visited (not deleted history and website data, ...)... Restoring will remove all of this and free up some of the storage on your device.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
T

toothdoctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks J.A. I will look for it next time.
BTW, how does one "restore their device using iTunes"? I thought it did that automatically when you sync it?
Thanks, RAM

Most reactions