What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro Cellular Issue

NickCat11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently bought a Verizon iPad Pro Cellular 128gb. I activated it in my office where my Verizon iPhone 6 has full strength LTE. The iPad Pro however only has 2 bars. The iPhone 6 pulls 50mb down and 18mb up. The iPad pro pulls 25mb down and 1.5mb up. However, once I left work the iPhone and iPad both had the same LTE strength. I only drove about 10 minutes away but it was the same throughout. I'm curious what the problem could be. Do you think there is a hardware issue or just an interference issue possibly in my work area that's not affecting my phone? I'm on day 2 with the Pro so I can easily swap for another one if needed. Thanks in advance for the help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Might be that the signal in the building is highly directional, due to blocking walls. Try the iPad in different orientations ad see what happens. Hold in mind that the signal bars can take a little time to respond, and that they are a very crude measurement.

In the past, iPads have always had worse signal reception than the phones, so this isn't unusual.

OP
N

NickCat11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twerppoet,

Thanks for your response. You were definitely right about the signal bars taking time to respond. Around noon today all the bars lit up on LTE and have stayed that way. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts