What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange iPad Pro iCloud problem

Jonathan tuba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a very strange problem on my 2017 12.9” iPad Pro. If I download a document (say an attachment received in email) to Files on my iPad Pro it just sits there ‘Waiting to Upload’ and never uploads to iCloud. Some have been there for a couple months.

However if I download that document on my iPhone it will almost immediately appear in Files on my iPad and any editing I do on my iPad with then be uploaded to iCloud and be on all my devices.

Anyone have idea how I can solve this problem? I originally noticed when looking for a document on my iMac without success and found it still ’stuck’ on my iPad Pro.

I have tried closing Files and reopening and the same for the iPad without success. I have thought of reinstalling from backup, but fear that in that case all those documents ‘Waiting to upload’ will be lost.

For the present I use my iPhone to save new documents and start new ones, but that is rather annoying.

Most reactions

Latest posts