What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad one

gamma5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad keeps crashing even though I have deleted all my photos......I have 8-10 iBooks and a few other apps....What's the problem?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well Gamma5 - you need to provide some more information: 1) Assume from the title of your thread that you have the first iPad?; 2) What do you mean by 'crashing'? and 3) Why the need to delete photos - did you run our to storage? BUT, have you recently upgraded to iOS 7.0.2? Before I continue, please provide responses to the questions asked - Dave :)

OP
G

gamma5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well Gamma5 - you need to provide some more information: 1) Assume from the title of your thread that you have the first iPad?; 2) What do you mean by 'crashing'? and 3) Why the need to delete photos - did you run our to storage? BUT, have you recently upgraded to iOS 7.0.2? Before I continue, please provide responses to the questions asked - Dave :)

Right.....1st iPad no camera........crashing....i.e. going back to basic homepage.....does not go above 5.1-------dumped photos to open up more space... Any thoughts?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Right.....1st iPad no camera........crashing....i.e. going back to basic homepage.....does not go above 5.1-------dumped photos to open up more space... Any thoughts?

Well, the highest iOS upgrade for the first iPad is 5.1.1, so you're stuck w/ that level - did you try to upgrade to a higher iOS? You likely need to 'restore' your iPad - checkout this iPad Forums link HERE - good luck and let us know your results please - Dave :)

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try a reboot.... Press and hold the power button on the side, and the home button on the front... Press them at the same time and hold them in for about 5 seconds. You'll get a "slide to power off" option. Slide the slider and your iPad will shut down. After a few seconds, press and hold just the power button. The iPad will start up again. If that doesn't help then follow giradman's advice.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have less ram (not to be confused with storage) with the iPad 1. You may want to close all programs hanging out as they may be affecting the operation of the OS. Use the 4 finger swipe or double click the home button and hold one of the apps that show up at the very bottom of the screen until the red circle with a minus sign shows up. (if you see a black x just hit the home button again, you don't want to delete the program). Press the red minus sign for all the apps then see how it is working.

Most reactions