What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1, iOS 5.0.1, Getures, more crash?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Hi,

As almost everybody, I upgraded my iPad 1 with the new iOS 5.0.1 OTA. All went well...

But for the last few days, I keep having my apps crashing from time to time. With 5.0 and previous, this was not an issue. Of course there is always the "Windows" tips of rebooting and closing all the apps... Then it occurred to me that this behavior seems to happen since I activated the gestures with 5.0.1...

I want to compare with your experience if that could be the issue I'm facing. I will disable the gestures for a few days and report back here on my findings. I'm starting to like those gestures, but at the price of having any apps crashing randomly (even the stock ones), I'll keep using the iPad the old way...

See you in a few days....

VicoPad addict!

OP
DrHouse

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
It's now been a few days without the gestures, and everything is back to normal. No more crashes...

I will re-enabled them and report again in a few days

VicoPad addict!

OP
DrHouse

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
So I re-enabled the gestures on my iPad 1 for the last few days.

Everything seems to be working as expected for now. I did remove some apps that I was not using, so maybe it could e related, but there is no way I can be sure of that...

Lets hope that this was a ninja issue that I will not face again :)

VicoPad addict!

OP
DrHouse

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Small update...

Today, with gestures enabled, I started to have more crashes again. This is getting annoying... I will disabled the gestures again for a few days and report back...

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts