What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad not Charging or Connecting! Please Help!

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have a Jailbroken iPad. Today, I tried connecting it to my computer, and it did not connect. Weird I thought, I restarted my computer (macbook pro), and still no go. I then restarted my iPad - still the same.

Weird I thought, so I tried resetting my iPad. Still no go. I plugged it into the charger, does not charger. I tried two different USB cables and it still doesn't work.

The weird part is, if I plug the iPad into the charger and I turn it off, then back on, it says "Not charging" in the upper right hand corner. When I unplug it and plug it back in, nothing...

I'm pretty convinced the iPad is shot. Any other ideas? give me a holler! If it makes any difference, about 3 days ago I went into cydia and I updated all the new updates it had for me, 6 I believe. I don't think it's charged or connected since then. Could it be the updates bricked it? Also... I have not tried booting in DFU mode yet, do you think I should try that?

Now, if Apple sends me a new one, will I be able to jailbreak again? I started Cydia on my iPad and my SHSS blops are saved for 3.2.1. If I get a new iPad, can I use those to jailbreak to 3.2.1 again? IF so how?

Thanks guys!!!

I'm really sad my iPad is not working. I really want to find a way to fix this.

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Answer to " If I get a new iPad, can I use those to jailbreak to 3.2.1 again?"

No, the SHSH stored on Cydia/saurik Is saved with the iPads ECID, and the ECID Is unique for each iPad.

I hardly think that Cydia Is the cause for your sync/connection/charging issue.

Last edited:
OP
C

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Answer to " If I get a new iPad, can I use those to jailbreak to 3.2.1 again?"

No, the SHSH stored on Cydia/saurik Is saved with the iPads ECID, and the ECID Is unique for each iPad.

I hardly think that Cydia Is the cause for your sync/connection/charging issue.

Crap, so what do I do now?

I bought my iPad at Best Buy just a little over a month ago? Should I return it and ask for a new one? Or call Apple up for Tech SUPPORT first?

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If no one else has a solving answer I would recomend u to talk with the "fruit" support, and IF u would turn It In with an jailbroken ios u will loose the case since jailbreaking voids your warranty.

And as It now It sounds like u are stuck and not able to connect It to iTunes to make a restore that wipes out all traces of the jailbreak.

So i would try DFU /Recovery mode, and as u have your existing SHSH saved u are safe to downgrade If u able to restore It through iTunes.

Last edited:
OP
C

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If no one else has a solving answer I would recomend u to talk with the "fruit" support, and IF u would turn It In with an jailbroken ios u will loose the case since jailbreaking voids your warranty.

And as It now It sounds like u are stuck and not able to connect It to iTunes to make a restore that wipes out all traces of the jailbreak.

You can do a complete wipe from the iPad itself, correct? I'm almost positive

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In settings you find a reset feature that sets It back to the state It was In when u first got It as new, activated offcourse.

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Settings --> General --> Reset / Erase All Content and Settings.

U will loose your jailbreak, but Im not sure If It´s erase all traces of an jailbreak, But a .ipsw/restore through itunes does it 100%.

Last edited:
OP
C

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
should i try a hard reset first and see if that'll connect to itunes? Maybe i should try DFU mode first?

if it does work after i hard reset, and i connect to itunes, will it make me upgrade to 3.2.2? I got it as a 3.2.1 so will it stay as that so I can jailbreak immediately?

Thanks

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would first try "Erase All Content and Settings" becuase It "maybe" could solve the connection problem.
And If this work and the connection works i would go to DFU / Recovery mode and restore It directly to 3.2.1 via your saved SHSH, instaed of restore It from iTunes and be needed to downgrade from 3.2.2 to 3.2.1.

This Is only what I would have tried.

Last edited:
OP
C

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would first try "Erase All Content and Settings" becuase It "maybe" could solve the connection problem.
And If this work and the connection works i would go to DFU / Recovery mode and restore It directly to 3.2.1 via your saved SHSH, instaed of restore It from iTunes and be needed to downgrade from 3.2.2 to 3.2.1.

This Is only what I would have tried.

I still can't find a decent tutorial for tinyumbrella with mac OSX. it says my hosts file is uneditable and it gives me some other errors. I have no idea how to get it working

dh_yerry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have a Jailbroken iPad. Today, I tried connecting it to my computer, and it did not connect. Weird I thought, I restarted my computer (macbook pro), and still no go. I then restarted my iPad - still the same.

Weird I thought, so I tried resetting my iPad. Still no go. I plugged it into the charger, does not charger. I tried two different USB cables and it still doesn't work.

The weird part is, if I plug the iPad into the charger and I turn it off, then back on, it says "Not charging" in the upper right hand corner. When I unplug it and plug it back in, nothing...

I'm pretty convinced the iPad is shot. Any other ideas? give me a holler! If it makes any difference, about 3 days ago I went into cydia and I updated all the new updates it had for me, 6 I believe. I don't think it's charged or connected since then. Could it be the updates bricked it? Also... I have not tried booting in DFU mode yet, do you think I should try that?

Now, if Apple sends me a new one, will I be able to jailbreak again? I started Cydia on my iPad and my SHSS blops are saved for 3.2.1. If I get a new iPad, can I use those to jailbreak to 3.2.1 again? IF so how?

Thanks guys!!!

I'm really sad my iPad is not working. I really want to find a way to fix this.
You can come to inve-store pacific place in 3floor if you in jakarta(indonesia) he can fix your ipad.

rix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you got ur ipad fixed? I also got this problem, any help is much appriciated!

Chirogreg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rix said:
Have you got ur ipad fixed? I also got this problem, any help is much appriciated!

I have had this happen to me 2 times. There was nothing thatIj could find that would fix the iPad. The first time, by accident, I went into settings, general, reset and erase all content and reset (or something like that). I had to do this the second time also. Here is the dirty secret. On a jailbroken iPad, when you do this erase and reset, it will lock up your device. It will be stuck at the apple logo. This solves the problem of having a jailbroken iPad that the genius bar will not service. Both times I did this and then went to the genius bar. They could not get it to do anything. They immediately gave me a new iPad. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• image-3835211097.png
    image-3835211097.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 541

sdtreg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
strange I have this problem after jbme3.0 several days ago. iPad no longer connect with PC when I try to use iFaith to pull off 4.3.3 blobs that I didn't save before. iPad also won't connect to iTunes and display "not charging" when connect to any USB or wall outlet. It's not the cord or PC because I have no problem charging and connect to the PC with other iPad. the iPad still taking a charge, but slowly overnight when I turn it off and connect to AC.

Tried putting it in recovery mode and have iPad display the USB plug going to iTunes icon, but of course plugging it into PC doesn't trigger anything. Any ideas? TIA

Most reactions

Latest posts