What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My jailbroken 64gb ipad 2 doesnt turn on

ipaddercrisis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was playing a game this morning and my jailbroken iPad 2 was low on battery. I forgot to check the percentage of battery left but I was to late and it turned off as it normally does. Here's where I encountered the problem I put it on the 10W charger and it showed the red battery with the lightning bolt to show that it was charging. So I thought it was charging normally and I came back 10 minutes later to see if it was on but it was on the apple logo. So I thought it was turning on and waited for it to turn on but it didn't it just sat there on the apple logo. I tried rebooting it but it would turn off and then do the same thing by staying on the apple logo forever. I can't connect it to the computer to restore it because it doesn't get enough charge so that iTunes can read that it's plugged in. I don't know what to do because it doesn't turn on and it just sits on the charger with the apple logo glowing. I think it might be something to do with cydia but I can't uninstall any of them because it won't turn on.

image-1221430794.jpg

The image is what I'm talking about how it sits on the apple logo and doesn't turn on. So can someone please tell me how to fix this.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For now, the best suggestion is to leave it plugged into the wall charger to ensure it gets a good charge. The iPad takes a while to go from fully empty to having enough of a charge to be useable. The Apple logo is normal when you've gone so low on a charge.

So, leave it be (on the charger) for a good couple of hours. Then, see if it turns back on normally. If not, holler back and we'll take another stab at it.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whilst your iPad is plugged in and charging, reset it by holding power and home. Let go after the screen blanks and the Apple logo appears and immediately hold "volume up" whilst the device boots. This will let your device boot into failsafe mode which should get you through the process.

Once the device is up and running, none of your jailbreak tweaks will be active. You will need to discover which one is causing you problems and remove it from Cydia. Cydia will be the only JB feature which works in this mode. You may want to leave it to get a full charge once it boots in failsafe mode before trying to find the rouge tweak.

OP
I

ipaddercrisis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn for some reason it worked and didn't have to reset anything so thanks for the thread really appreciate it. I was getting worried for a while there so thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts