What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad not Charging or Connecting! Please Help!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As chirogreg mentioned, a jailbroken device will lock up after using the erase all content thing. Which is great if your warranty is still intact. There are no traces left on the iPad because it erased everything and then couldn't boot back up.

My recommendation is to use erase all content and settings and take it back to best buy to get it replaced.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
strange I have this problem after jbme3.0 several days ago. iPad no longer connect with PC when I try to use iFaith to pull off 4.3.3 blobs that I didn't save before. iPad also won't connect to iTunes and display "not charging" when connect to any USB or wall outlet. It's not the cord or PC because I have no problem charging and connect to the PC with other iPad. the iPad still taking a charge, but slowly overnight when I turn it off and connect to AC.

If you have an iPad 2, iFaith does not support iPad 2 because of it using Limera1n. That may have caused problems.

sdtreg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
unfortunately I'm beyond the warranty period on my original Pad. I'm not convince if iFaith ever make the connection with the iPad after I put it in DFU mode. Still haven't been able to salvage the 4.3.3 blobs yet. Couldn't go through Cydia since apple no longer signing them. And can't use TU since there is no PC connection. Guess I can leave it as it untethered forever and do everything through the cloud. Still hate to have to put up with the slow charging and "no charging" stuff. Thanks for your suggestions though

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is perfectly normal for the iPad to display "not charging" and to charge very slowly if it is connected to older USB connections or any charger which is not the original iPad 10W charger. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that...
The only way to charge properly is to connect the iPad to the original charger (an iPhone one won't cut it) or a new high power USB, such as those on new MacBooks. Then and only then does the "not charging" message go away...

sdtreg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I am charging it with the AC charger, not USB. I know about the slow trickling charge via USB. I have normal charging with other iPad using the exactly same wall adapter and cord.

And of course my iPad is not seen by the computer, so I'm thinking there must be something wrong in one of the pin in the plug. Saving grace is that it's still taking a charge, just very slowly. And guess I don't need to sync it with any PC/Mac once cloud is here. Thanks goodness for untethered. Just hoping I never have to do a recovery or restore

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Certainly sounds as though there is a problem with the dock connector then.

sdtreg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
most likely, apple store willing to replace the 32GB first generation iPad for $100. I don't want to lose my jbme3 so will pass. Didn't save any old blobs, not even 4.3.3. So just gonna be happy with the current state of affairs which is not bad. thanks to all for suggestion

stonecold

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys does the "reset all settings" for jailbroken devices work on ipad2 3G on 4.3.3?

I have similar issues or not charging and not detected by pc. I see boot logo loop acceptable if it make the jailbreak undetectable and they will give me a new one.

Most reactions

Latest posts