What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad not charging on computer

Mojosodope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, when plugged into the wall it charges, when plugged into my computer it recognizes it, and shows all my info....but in the top right corner of my iPad it says NOT CHARGING, anyone know why?

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It says that because the current available from your computer through the USB port is not enough to really charge the iPad. It will charge if you are not using it and the screen is off, just slowly and if you are actively using it, especially with wifi and/or Bluetooth or cellular it will still drain the battery, just not as fast as not plugged in at all

OP
Mojosodope

Mojosodope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zstairlessone said:
It says that because the current available from your computer through the USB port is not enough to really charge the iPad. It will charge if you are not using it and the screen is off, just slowly and if you are actively using it, especially with wifi and/or Bluetooth or cellular it will still drain the battery, just not as fast as not plugged in at all

Thank you

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mojosodope said:
Ok, when plugged into the wall it charges, when plugged into my computer it recognizes it, and shows all my info....but in the top right corner of my iPad it says NOT CHARGING, anyone know why?

The fastest way to charge your iPad is by using the supplied charger.

Most reactions

Latest posts