What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad4 charging

terrano47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all sometimes my iPad 4 won't charge then when I plug it in again it does what's the problem,also when I plug the charging cable in it says not compatible with this iPad

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for that

Hi Terrano47 - well, I would say that you need to 'isolate' the problem. First, are you using the 'stock' charger that came w/ your iPad? If not, then specifically what charger/cord are you using? Second, I'd have to agree w/ Kay......, if indeed this is the Apple charger, you need to determine if the problem is w/ the charger, the connection cord, your iPad dock, or the iPad itself - thus, trying the charger/cord on another iPad or another 'good' charger/cord on your iPad would test these options. Good luck and let us know your results? :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And to add - ensure you are using main electrical power to charge the iPad. It will charge eventually (after a LONG time!) using the USB port on a computer, but it will say its not charging and, again, take a long time if you leave it.

Just so's you know.

Marilyn

OP
T

terrano47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Terrano47 - well, I would say that you need to 'isolate' the problem. First, are you using the 'stock' charger that came w/ your iPad? If not, then specifically what charger/cord are you using? Second, I'd have to agree w/ Kay......, if indeed this is the Apple charger, you need to determine if the problem is w/ the charger, the connection cord, your iPad dock, or the iPad itself - thus, trying the charger/cord on another iPad or another 'good' charger/cord on your iPad would test these options. Good luck and let us know your results? :)

Thank you I did get a longer cable from eBay as the one supplied is only a metre long I swapped back to the supplied one and it works fine thank you again

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you I did get a longer cable from eBay as the one supplied is only a metre long I swapped back to the supplied one and it works fine thank you again

Hi Terrano - so, you were using a longer 3rd party cable (not mentioned in your OP - would have help) - there have been a number of threads here about using inexpensive 3rd party and/or longer (e.g. 6 ft.) charging cables on the iPad (ONE HERE) - this seems to often be a frustrating experience for many, e.g. just check out these longer cables on Amazon and read the negative reviews, such as HERE. My suggestion is to pick a cable w/ excellent reviews or check the Apple store - yes, likely to cost more but worth the price - also, an extension cord can be used - good luck and hope that you find a successful solution. Dave :)

OP
T

terrano47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Terrano - so, you were using a longer 3rd party cable (not mentioned in your OP - would have help) - there have been a number of threads here about using inexpensive 3rd party and/or longer (e.g. 6 ft.) charging cables on the iPad (ONE HERE) - this seems to often be a frustrating experience for many, e.g. just check out these longer cables on Amazon and read the negative reviews, such as HERE. My suggestion is to pick a cable w/ excellent reviews or check the Apple store - yes, likely to cost more but worth the price - also, an extension cord can be used - good luck and hope that you find a successful solution. Dave :)

Thank you for that Dave we all try to cut corners with prices so I've learnt my lesson thank you

Barry

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you for that Dave we all try to cut corners with prices so I've learnt my lesson thank you - Barry

Hi Barry - well, I'm as guilty as the next person! :eek: But, just wanted others to be aware of the potential problems - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts