What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Model A1219 as external display for iPhone5C?

LivsMom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

My first post... :)

I'm hosting a 50th birthday party and have purchased a Bluetooth enabled speaker system and a bunch of mics and adaptors in order to create a karoake/toasting platform. The unit enables you to sing along with any track on your Bluetooth enabled iPhone, iPad, etc.

I would like to be able to Google lyrics and display them on my iPad screen. The challenge is that the party is taking place at a location where there is NO internet access available (even via WiFi). So, my strategy was to figure out if I could do the Google Searches from my iPhone and then display them on an iPad model A1219. (I also have a newer iPad mini but I prefer the larger screen of the older iPad).

Is this possible AND optimal using a Lightning to VGA Adaptor? And/or, can anyone recommend a better/simpler/more practical solution?

TIA!
-Andrea

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all, My first post... :) I'm hosting a 50th birthday party and have purchased a Bluetooth enabled speaker system and a bunch of mics and adaptors in order to create a karoake/toasting platform. The unit enables you to sing along with any track on your Bluetooth enabled iPhone, iPad, etc. I would like to be able to Google lyrics and display them on my iPad screen. The challenge is that the party is taking place at a location where there is NO internet access available (even via WiFi). So, my strategy was to figure out if I could do the Google Searches from my iPhone and then display them on an iPad model A1219. (I also have a newer iPad mini but I prefer the larger screen of the older iPad). Is this possible AND optimal using a Lightning to VGA Adaptor? And/or, can anyone recommend a better/simpler/more practical solution? TIA! -Andrea
Your iPad cannot be used as an external display for your iPhone. You can, however use the personal hotspot feature to generate a WiFi hotspot with your phone, then connect your iPad to the internet using the WiFi signal from the phone. Of course, if your cellular carrier does not allow you to use the hotspot feature this will not work.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only thing I can come up with is mirroring through AppleTV. It works, but I'm not sure about using your phone's hotspot.

photo.JPG

OP
L

LivsMom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both for your suggestions. After a lot of research, I've decided to purchase a Verizon MiFi unit to use as a hotspot for the party. Fingers crossed that it will work! I truly appreciate your responses. Thanks again!

Most reactions

Latest posts