What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad mini will not play overnight

Jeffrey Haro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting my iPad to play overnight. Whether its live-streaming from iTunes radio, music from my iPod, or even when I play pre-downloaded data from some apps like Ambiance.

At some point I receive the on-screen message that says "PAUSED The audio output has changed" and the device goes into pause mode. This could happen in 20 minutes or 4 hours but it always happens. I have it connected through my bluetooth speaker and thought this could be the issue. Then I just ended up plugging the iPad directly into the speaker input and the same thing happens too. This issue also affects my iPhone but it seems to be more prevalent with my iPad. Tried all the basics like turning it off and on and wiping it clean and restoring it but nothing helps. Any idea what is causing this and is there any way to get this thing to play overnight uninterrupted?? Please help me.

Thanks!

Attachments

• ipadpause.png
    ipadpause.png
    310.8 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
OP
Jeffrey Haro

Jeffrey Haro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your iPad plugged into the charger?
Sometimes yes.. sometimes no. I believe it happens either way. I totally depend on the white-noise app to play all night. When it stops, I wake-up so its crucial that I figure this out.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you leaving the player app in the foreground? Another words, when you go to the lock screen, can you see the play controls for that app?

If you are doing anything else with the iPad and playing in the background, maybe that's the problem.

I'd also try something with the native Music app and a locally downloaded track. There should be some ambience music/tracks in the iTunes Store, or if you are used to using iTunes on a computer you can convert and sync some.

This would eliminate whether it's something happening with third party apps.

That is all I can think of.

OP
Jeffrey Haro

Jeffrey Haro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you leaving the player app in the foreground? Another words, when you go to the lock screen, can you see the play controls for that app?

If you are doing anything else with the iPad and playing in the background, maybe that's the problem.

I'd also try something with the native Music app and a locally downloaded track. There should be some ambience music/tracks in the iTunes Store, or if you are used to using iTunes on a computer you can convert and sync some.

This would eliminate whether it's something happening with third party apps.

That is all I can think of.

Ok.. I finally figured out what I believe is the trouble. Its the iLive bluetooth speaker. I noticed that when it plays I hear minor audio "drop outs" from time to time. Occasionally, I hear dropouts that are a bit more significant and its those dropouts that cause the iPhone/iPad to stop playing with the message "the audio input has been changed". Like it has trouble with the signal. I even placed my iPad on top of the speaker but it still hasn't solved the problem.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up.

There might be interference causing the bluetooth signal to get interrupted. A strong signal from almost any radio source can interfere with other radios, especially if they are in close proximity. Make sure you don't have a cordless phone or other source right next to either the iPad or the speaker.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts