What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mini weak wifi

magyar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello - I have just bought an iPad mini. The wifi signal reception seems to be very weak. When downloading apps I almost always get a timeout. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How old is the router you're using to access the WiFi? If it's old, it may be putting out a weak signal. Or, if it's not old, it may still just have it's signal being impeded by walls or distance.

IOW, have you checked your router to make sure it's putting out a strong enough signal for the Mini to receive and use?

Marilyn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They took out the lead and mercury when they made the mini to make it "green" we know what happens to a product when they make it Environmentally friendly but I still think apple products are still the best there is. WiFi signal on my mini is nothing like it was on my ipad 2. I can live with the short battery time and lesser signal. If you can convince me there is a better tablet out their, let me know and I will have it tomorrow. I'm reading a lot of good information here on the forum, keep up the good work! But don't get burnt out, take that walk.

OP
M

magyar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and thanks the reply. The router's ok as I have an iPad 2 and a Galaxy Tab 2 and they both work even out on the street.

Magyar

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The same happens for my mini. It takes a considerably longer time to find my home router than my other idevices.

AndyNZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have seen in some tech shops where you can buy wifi boosters. More dollars to spent if you wish. My iPad mini wifi is the same . It will drop in bars if I take the mini into the kitchen or bedroom away from the wireless router.
I have a UE Logitech Smart Radio which is great at all times for wifi reception. Never had a issue with drop out moving the the radio around the house and we live in a 100 year house with walls built like a tank.
So I would say the wifi issue with your iPad mini would be a issue known to Apple.

Most reactions

Latest posts