What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini Case Dilemma -

aliasfan4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an iPad mini for Mother's Day. I previously had a Kindle HD. With this, I have the opp to use it at work and would like a keyboard, however I won't be using the keyboard all the time at home. Maybe sometimes, but it will also be used a lot to read and I don't want the added bulk. I'd like a removable keyboard but I want to be able to use the iPad in both horizontal and vertical positioning. Therefore, the ipad would have to be rotatable, or connected by velco, and the keyboard would need to be removable too, since I would not need it all time. Any thoughts?

OP
A

aliasfan4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say, in looking at several forums for the Ipad; and looking at forums for other tablets (Nexus, Galaxy, Kindle, etc), users of the the iPad forums are the least helpful and very arrogant. Why can't anyone just make some suggestions instead of insulting someone? If I had bought this based on the quality of the users and not the product, I would have chosen something else.

Sure, buy a laptop. Why take a perfectly sized e-reader and try to turn it into a stripped down laptop?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to say, in looking at several forums for the Ipad; and looking at forums for other tablets (Nexus, Galaxy, Kindle, etc), users of the the iPad forums are the least helpful and very arrogant. Why can't anyone just make some suggestions instead of insulting someone? If I had bought this based on the quality of the users and not the product, I would have chosen something else.

Hi, aliasfan4! Welcome to iPF!

I'm really sorry that your first impression of this community isn't the best one. Normally, the moderators and members are very helpful and friendly.
I can't help you with your issue myself, but hope that someone else is able to tell you what's best. In the meanwhile I ask for your patience.

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Hi aliasfan. Don't just give up on not liking us yet:) if you stick around our forum you'll find we're not a bad bunch of people at all.

Certainly don't judge us by the tone of any one post in your experience as a new member here. I can assure you those are far and few between. Why? Because this is a well-regulated family forum where moderator staff who see any post that may be hurtful or uncomfortable to a member will quickly act to correct that situation.

We certainly want you to enjoy your membership here, so feel free to continue to post, ask as many questions as you like and, as a valued member of our forum, join in all the discussion sub-forums that catch your interest.

In my attempt to assist you with your question, here's a link that may help.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403253,00.asp

Again, welcome to our forum!
Regards,Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score

That sort of post you received is NOT the norm around here. Welcome! :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad forums, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 289,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum. We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app. http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't use a separate keyboard with my mini, but have seen many people like to use a bluetooth keyboard for prolonged typing. That and a 36o degree rotatable case should do the trick - this is the case I have. It cost me £7.85 (about US$10.00) including postage from Ebay

20121212_7.85.jpg

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an iPad mini for Mother's Day. I previously had a Kindle HD. With this, I have the opp to use it at work and would like a keyboard, however I won't be using the keyboard all the time at home. Maybe sometimes, but it will also be used a lot to read and I don't want the added bulk. I'd like a removable keyboard but I want to be able to use the iPad in both horizontal and vertical positioning. Therefore, the ipad would have to be rotatable, or connected by velco, and the keyboard would need to be removable too, since I would not need it all time. Any thoughts?

Welcome! I hope you love your Mini as much as I do. It is so portable, and also such a good tool for basic work!

I use the Logitech BT keyboard with my Mini. When I don't use it I just carry it in a soft bag. However, a rotating case would be your best bet to be able to support it vertically or horizontally. Sorry, I have no experience with those.

keziapurrs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard for my mini. I don't have to remove my portfolio cover to us it
in landscape. I've never tried it in portrait but I'm sure it will work. I got mine on eBay for $40.

Attachments

• image-1033030693.jpg
    image-1033030693.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 449
  • image-3362608893.jpg
    image-3362608893.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 450

knome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a origami case for my apple bluetooth keyboard, I used this with my iPad 2, and with the mini it also works great :)
I love to have a full size keyboard.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I use the origami case with a full-size Apple Bluetooth keyboard, as Knome mentions. Works great because nothing is attached and I take my keyboard only when needed, like sometimes I'll toss it in a suitcase and keep my iPad(s) free for on-plane use.

As for being arrogant or not, I own Kindle, iPad and Samsung tablets, and buying any of them hasn't changed me, lol.

You're an iPad user, too. I mention that because it doesn't make sense to lump together tens of millions of people, especially now that plenty of previously non-Apple users are using iPads.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello aliasfan4,i can only echo what has been said,the rude reply you got is not typical of this forum and we hope you will stay around.

pommie82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have had this save problem a couple of weeks a go i can touch type about 60 wpm no problems and i have been looking for a nice keyboard case to do the job for when traveling and if i need to type to someone if need be the best solution i have found since buying several keyboards going buy trial and error is the logictech ultra thin keyboard and is brillant to type on works really well and it can turn in to a fold up case to and you can put it a part too its a lot of money to paying for what you get but get what you pair for in the end i would strongly recommend if you are always typing something like me all the time i cannot stand the on screen keyboards they are rubbish and i would never bother with them either they are more hassle then they are worth too if you have a look on google you would find it straight away or even youtube too a lot of people have done reviews about then to be honest there hasnt really been a bad review about the logictech ultrathin case

hope that helps you
let us know how you get on

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Hi there aliasfan4 and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your iPad mini. I am sure you will enjoying using this great piece of kit.

I like your thinking about the keyboard. I have an Apple iPad keyboard which docks the iPad. OK, I cannot work in landscape with the keyboard, but what I wanted to say is that a keyboard is a superb accessory which will enhance your useage of the iPad mini.

Enjoy :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts