iPad Mini Case Dilemma -

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by aliasfan4, May 13, 2013.

1. aliasfan4

aliasfan4
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I just got an iPad mini for Mother's Day. I previously had a Kindle HD. With this, I have the opp to use it at work and would like a keyboard, however I won't be using the keyboard all the time at home. Maybe sometimes, but it will also be used a lot to read and I don't want the added bulk. I'd like a removable keyboard but I want to be able to use the iPad in both horizontal and vertical positioning. Therefore, the ipad would have to be rotatable, or connected by velco, and the keyboard would need to be removable too, since I would not need it all time. Any thoughts?

2. amylyn1970

amylyn1970
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Wow! That was a big help!

3. aliasfan4

aliasfan4
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have to say, in looking at several forums for the Ipad; and looking at forums for other tablets (Nexus, Galaxy, Kindle, etc), users of the the iPad forums are the least helpful and very arrogant. Why can't anyone just make some suggestions instead of insulting someone? If I had bought this based on the quality of the users and not the product, I would have chosen something else.

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Hi, aliasfan4! Welcome to iPF!

I'm really sorry that your first impression of this community isn't the best one. Normally, the moderators and members are very helpful and friendly.
    I can't help you with your issue myself, but hope that someone else is able to tell you what's best. In the meanwhile I ask for your patience.

#4 J. A., May 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  5. The OB

The OB
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi aliasfan. Don't just give up on not liking us yet:) if you stick around our forum you'll find we're not a bad bunch of people at all.

Certainly don't judge us by the tone of any one post in your experience as a new member here. I can assure you those are far and few between. Why? Because this is a well-regulated family forum where moderator staff who see any post that may be hurtful or uncomfortable to a member will quickly act to correct that situation.

We certainly want you to enjoy your membership here, so feel free to continue to post, ask as many questions as you like and, as a valued member of our forum, join in all the discussion sub-forums that catch your interest.

In my attempt to assist you with your question, here's a link that may help.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403253,00.asp

Again, welcome to our forum!
    Regards,Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That sort of post you received is NOT the norm around here. Welcome! :)

7. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to the iPad forums, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 289,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum. We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app. http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html

8. Elizellen

Elizellen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I don't use a separate keyboard with my mini, but have seen many people like to use a bluetooth keyboard for prolonged typing. That and a 36o degree rotatable case should do the trick - this is the case I have. It cost me £7.85 (about US$10.00) including postage from Ebay

20121212_7.85.jpg

9. lowertech

lowertech
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Welcome! I hope you love your Mini as much as I do. It is so portable, and also such a good tool for basic work!

I use the Logitech BT keyboard with my Mini. When I don't use it I just carry it in a soft bag. However, a rotating case would be your best bet to be able to support it vertically or horizontally. Sorry, I have no experience with those.

10. keziapurrs

keziapurrs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard for my mini. I don't have to remove my portfolio cover to us it
    in landscape. I've never tried it in portrait but I'm sure it will work. I got mine on eBay for $40.

Attached Files: