What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Mini 32 GB with Retina display case.

Limelight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought a case with a keyboard by Zagg. I had to return it as the new IPad Mini is a bit wider then the previous one. I wasn't going to force it into place. You have to be careful when searching for case, as most out in the market place are for the first Mini. The descriptions don't mention for which Mini their covers are for.

Happy holiday to all.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought a tight fitting case for the iPad mini and my iPad mini with Retina display popped right in there. No more forcing than with the original mini. The case is made of plastic, so it has flex.

OP
Limelight

Limelight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a tight fitting case for the iPad mini and my iPad mini with Retina display popped right in there. No more forcing than with the original mini. The case is made of plastic, so it has flex.

The case I had was plastic. I'm going to wait until after the New Year to look for a case. Thinking about a smart case. My husband
has one for his IPad 3. In the mean time I will travel with my IPad 2. I don't want to scratch the Mini.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

wrathchild

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got this one on Amazon.

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GH0P21Y/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a really nice case and highly recommend it.

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wondering if cases started coming out specifically for the mini retina or are the old ones still working?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
wondering if cases started coming out specifically for the mini retina or are the old ones still working?
I've seen cases specifically for the retina mini in the stores. Except for the extra opening on the upper backside for the second microphone, the cases for the mini and retina mini are identical. If you don't mind blocking the second microphone you can use an original mini case on the retina mini.

OP
Limelight

Limelight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wrathchild, thanks for the recommendation of a case. I just returned from a cruise today and will order the case from Amazon. Now to decide on a color. Probably the gray.

Most reactions