1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad local copy of Lotus Domino address book

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by plumkalu, Mar 30, 2011.

1. plumkalu

plumkalu iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,
    I really need your help guys with this. We use Domino mail server in our company and we need to be able to search our NAB locally on the iPad while being offline, ie. Flight Mode.
    Do you know if there's an app which if online, allows looking up in Domino's corporate address book, and which creates local replica or cache file so searching is possible without any connectivity?
    Maybe, if there's no app for that, there are other ways, workarounds to have this working?
    I's appreciate any help.
    Thank you,
    Michal
  2. Kilgore

Kilgore iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you using/planning to use the Lotus Traveller server? If so, it works with the built-in Contacts, Calendar and Mail apps to provide access to your Lotus Notes data. I think there is a way to configure users local data to pull all entries from the NAB, but I'm not sure. You should post your question over on Lotus Developer Works - www-10.lotus.com/ldd/nd85forum.nsf.
  3. plumkalu

plumkalu iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Kilgore for your post.
    Yes, we use Notes Traveller already and looking up NAB address book on Domino works great, but we'd like to have possibility to browse it while offline.
    I'm not familiar with Traveler but I'd expect this kind of feature to be available so VIPs can prepare their emails and search for email addresses.
    Does anyone know if option enabling local replica of address book exists in Notes Traveller?
    Thank you all.