What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security - Preventing local saves when on VPN

eynman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently evaluating the iPad 2 for use as a mobile device for use in a corporate enviroment, which already utilises a Juniper VPN for laptops and tablets, but they are now looking to bring the iPad 2 into the fold.

My main concern is Data Security, as there could be sensitive information being accessed over the VPN, which does support the iPad via the Juniper Pulse app, but I also need to be able to access network file shares, and have been looking at the FileBrowser app, which looks to meet most of the requirements with one exception.

That exception is that I would want to disable any ability to save documents from the fileshare onto the iPad 2, but I cannot see any way of doing this. Does anyone know if this is possible please? There would have to be some sort of local cache for reading/writing/amending the file, but that would need to be volatile, so that when the document was closed the cache is erased, and non recoverable.

Probably a tall order, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful.

Cheers

Pete

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to play the devil's advocate here,but all the security you put into your system won't prevent a person who is so inclined from taking a screenshot on his iPad and getting the data out that way.You may want to use a system whereby the company provides the iPads,which are always under company control.

Last edited:
OP
E

eynman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Scifan. I was more concerned about information being left on the iPad that could be accessed if it was lost or stolen. Further research has provided the answer, so I am now satisfied that I can make it as secure as I need.

Most reactions

Latest posts