What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad lighting is not working and a black screen

mbc cd

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Screen is working without lighting

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try doing this. Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. After the iPad finishes shutting down, wait a few seconds then hold the power button down until the Apple logo appears.

Welcome by the way. If still nothing, Apple store for check up, is what I would suggest unless someone has a better answer.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If Hayley's great suggestion doesn't work it may be time for something a bit more 'vigorous' - a full system reboot....

Hold the Power and Home buttons down together for about 15 seconds until the white Apple logo appears - don't worry, it will eventually, you need to have patient.

Then the iPad will reboot - again, it takes time, so be patient. Eventually you'll be back to normal and enjoying your iPad.

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hope it works and get back to us if not.

Did you get my pm Tim?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just thinking about the OP's problem, they say the screen is OK but there's no back light. It could be the problems we've identified but, of course, it could simply be that someone has turned the screen brightness all the way down in the 'Settings' menu. So, to the OP - do you get any audio or other indication that the iPad is working OK other than the fact that the screen is dark?

Has the screen brightness accidentally been turned all the way down for some reason - maybe by someone else who was using your iPad??

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mbc cd said:

I assumed he couldn't get to the settings because of black screen therefore no way of getting there. He says it's working though. We will have to wait for him to come back to us.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mbc cd said:

I assumed he couldn't get to the settings because of black screen therefore no way of getting there. He says it's working though. We will have to wait for him to come back to us.

Yes - very good point!!!!! Doh!!

Tim

OP
M

mbc cd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all guys
I worked him reprogramming without the use of backup
But the same problem
I think the problem iPad I need new lights

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all guys
I worked him reprogramming without the use of backup
But the same problem
I think the problem iPad I need new lights

OK - sorry to hear that. The iPad uses LED (light emitting diode) backlighting and these have a life-time of about 100,000 hours MTBF (mean time between failures) so it's very unlikely that they have 'burnt out' like a conventional incandescent bulb. If the reboot didn't work and the brightness is not set to a minimum, then I can only suggest you return it to the Apple Store.

I assume your iPad is fully charged, of course?

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts