What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad backlight not working

gunnai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my iPad's backlight has completely stopped working. The screen is barely visible, I can almost make things out when I shine a light on the screen so I know it's still sort of working.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Things to try.

Hold down the power and home button until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the power off slider if it appears. Let the device reboot.

Go into Settings > Brightness & Wallpaper, turn off Auto-Brightness and up the slider.

And if neither of these works, and I don't really expect them too, call Apple Support. Your iPad is broke. If it's under warrantee (less than a year old or has Apple Care) they should replace it for free.

You might want to connect it to iTunes, Transfer Purchases, Backup, and Sync before taking it to the Apple Store, or sending it in. It will make setting up your new one easier.

Last edited:
OP
G

gunnai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a million for your help, tried all of that but to no avail. I'll ring Apple support in the morning, thanks again!

Most reactions