What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad is super slow and shuts down memory intensive apps.

va_capone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sense I updated my iPad to 8.2 I can no longer run apps that are memory intensive such as the NVR software I use to monitor surveillance cameras. Also Facebook is very slow to load and I can no longer multitask as running 2 or more apps will cause a crash. I think it may be a ram issue but don't know if it can be replaced. Any ideas? I should also mention I have also performed an additional update to I think 8.4.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you mean by soft reset powering down and restarting I have, done that a few times with no results.
Reset:
Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Then let go of both. Your device will power up on it's own.

It's not the same as turning it off and on again, it might help getting rid of some problems, and it won't change any setting on your iPad.

Hope that helps.

OP
V

va_capone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reset:
Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Then let go of both. Your device will power up on it's own.

It's not the same as turning it off and on again, it might help getting rid of some problems, and it won't change any setting on your iPad.

Hope that helps.
That did seem to help some, but it is still no where near what it was before the update.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In case you updated over the air (Settings - General - Software Update):

Make sure there's a most recent backup (iCloud or iTunes, whichever you prefer).
Then connect your iPad to the computer, and restore it using iTunes. It's possible to restore from your recent backup.
That done, reset your iPad once again, using Home and Power button, as described above.

Most reactions

Latest posts