What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Closing applications actually drains battery (Still under testing)

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
so far from my experience leaving the apps open and not forcing them close uses more battery.

That figures. I have been leaving apps open over the last couple days but don't really notice much a difference. I've always been pleased with my iPad battery life so maybe that's why?

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i used to have fetch mode on in my emails, so used to get emails as soon as they were sent,now i switched that off, so get the emails when i start the mail app, do it 3-4 times a day, so reasonable. Another thing did was switch all the unnecessary notifications i used to get, only left essential stuff on notifications and these procedures definitely helped with the extra better life. now i don't bother to force close the apps

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just to put in my two pennies worth, I have not been forcing my apps to close and since I left home earlier today at 1030 hrs (GMT) I have been using my ipad via mobile hotspot. When I left I had 30% power left. I still have 30%power! I do stress that I have not been using the iPad 100% of the time but a good proportion of it and I have only been using it to surf the web and sort my emails. I am still testing and will update accordingly but 3.5 hrs on and still at 30%, amazing!

Most reactions

Latest posts