What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad & iPhone settings

David Bransby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first post & I very much looking forward to any assistance and offering the same where ever possible.

My two devices are iPhone 4 & iPad 2, both are up to date with ios7.
Both have two Hotmail email addresses.

I have two issues.
(1) When an email is read on one device, it shows as unread on the other.

(2) The contacts on both devices are not in sync.

I am advised that this may be a POP & IMAP settings issue and I can see that on the iPhone it is POP, but no such similar settings appear on the iPad. I go setting>mail, contacts, calendars>account selected> advanced settings.

Any ideas would be warmly received.

Many thanks and wishing all a wonderful Christmas...

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi David and welcome to the Forum!

I've moved your thread to our Help Forum where more members willing to help others will view it and you should receive a better response.

Good luck with your issue!

And a very Merry Christmas to you and yours also!

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Test to see if there's a delay. Mark a message as read on one device, then check between your computer and your other device and see if the response is the same between the two. Refresh on a regular interval and see if it gets marked as read later on. Hotmail's been giving a lot of users a beating over on iOS 7, most likely on a server end rather than a device end.

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You will want the account set up the same way on both devices. Check with your provider. If your provider has IMAP service, use that. Exchange would be a good second choice.

POP3 does not offer any kind of syncing. If that's your only option with your current provider your choices are limited.

You can change email providers for one that does offer IMAP or Exchange servers.

Or, you can get a Gmail account and use it to access your old account. It is possible to both receive and send your emails from your old account (second hand) if you set Gmail up correctly. I don't recommend it for the long haul, but it might make transitioning to a new account easier; especially if that new account is Gmail.

Sorry. No details. I don't do it myself; but the instructions should not be hard to find on Google's support pages.

Most reactions

Latest posts