What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad iOS 4.3b1

Essjay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've updated my ipad to iOS 4.3b1 but now I'm stuck with the itunes telling me that " we're unable to complete your activation" and on my ipad i cant get past the safety boot screen ( were its black and has a picture of usb lead )

I would appreciate any help thx

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've updated my ipad to iOS 4.3b1 but now I'm stuck with the itunes telling me that " we're unable to complete your activation" and on my ipad i cant get past the safety boot screen ( were its black and has a picture of usb lead )

I would appreciate any help thx

that means you didn't update..you did a refresh. If you update you won't get that....or if your actually a developer ;)

OP
E

Essjay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so do i need to register my UDID to apple now?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If you are a developer registered with Apple it will automatically verify when you install.

Your other option however is to restore to the current 4.2 build, then when you install the 4.3 beta you opt-click on mac or shift click on windows the check for updates button and select the ipsw...it will upgrade the firmware and it won't attempt to register.

OP
E

Essjay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If you are a developer registered with Apple it will automatically verify when you install.

Your other option however is to restore to the current 4.2 build, then when you install the 4.3 beta you opt-click on mac or shift click on windows the check for updates button and select the ipsw...it will upgrade the firmware and it won't attempt to register.

Thank you for your reply

I'm not a developer, I downloaded the iPad iOS 4.3b1 beta and shift clicked install in itunes, and it was installed onto my ipad. Now when I connect my ipad device to itunes i dont get any options to restore? I am now greeted with

"we're unable to complete your activation."

this device is not registered as part of the iphone developer program.

I now have no other options for the ipad in itunes any more?

Thank you for your patience.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thank you for your reply

I'm not a developer, I downloaded the iPad iOS 4.3b1 beta and shift clicked install in itunes, and it was installed onto my ipad. Now when I connect my ipad device to itunes i dont get any options to restore? I am now greeted with

"we're unable to complete your activation."

this device is not registered as part of the iphone developer program.

I now have no other options for the ipad in itunes any more?

Thank you for your patience.

Like I said, there is a difference between shift clicking on restore and check for updates. If you hit restore it will do that. If you hit Check for Updates it will just update and be fine.

At this point your only option is to put your iPad in DFU mode (blackweather is a really easy way to do that) and restore to 4.2, then shift click check for updates and install the ipsw.

OP
E

Essjay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Gentlefury, blackweather fixed the problem for me allowing me to restore to 4.2.

At first blackwheather wouldn't work saying that there was a missing ASL.dll file, but i fixed the problem by placing the program in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support

running the program from there works fine :)

I thank you again kind sir :D

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Gentlefury, blackweather fixed the problem for me allowing me to restore to 4.2.

At first blackwheather wouldn't work saying that there was a missing ASL.dll file, but i fixed the problem by placing the program in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support

running the program from there works fine :)

I thank you again kind sir :D

no problem.

I always use Blackra1n to restore even if I'm not jailbreaking because it gets it into DFU so easily and you can just close it once you are back.

You can also use it when you do a restore and it locks on the last 5% (mine does this every time!) you just run Blackra1n and it wakes it up and finishes the update.

cookietrog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
help me too?

Do you guys by chance know how to help me with the same problem on my mac? I screwed up. :(

iLiamize

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you guys by chance know how to help me with the same problem on my mac? I screwed up. :(

Did you ever fix this? I'm having the same issue, its no longer in recovery mode I have windows, selected the 4.3 iOS beta firmware I downloaded, and on iTunes it says "We're unable to complete your activation" Did you ever get to fix this!? I wonder If this will go away when 4.3 does come out :confused:

But yeah did you ever find the solution to this?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome are you a developer? As unless you are registered or you are attached to a developer it will not work Beta is Beta prerelease software for developers whom are registered and for those whom have an association with that developer ie their ipad is redirected by apple.

Most reactions

Latest posts