What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad in Tokyo

godcape

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see, Thanks.
So please tell us if anything nice apps and good apps.
Looking forward to.

Rlanger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me the most useful app is Backgrounder. This app allows you to multitask on your iPad.

Others I use include Proswitcher and iFile.

Rlanger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks.
Is this like iOS4 multitask?
I will check it.
Thanks.

NO. It's real multi-tasking so it is much better.

However, the iPad's limited ram causes it to shut down apps if you have too many running. There is a virtual memory fix for this that works very well though.

OP
C

chokonen888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
b-mobile

BTW, as people have already said, Softbank will not sell you a sim for your US iPad. (really dumb move on their part) So....I went to B-Mobile and got a 6 month sim that uses Docomo's more robust network for unlimited internet that comes to about $5 less per month than Softbank's iPad plan. LOL I also got rid of my unlimited internet on my cell with Softbank...no use for it when I have the iPad with me almost all the time.

Gadget01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BTW, as people have already said, Softbank will not sell you a sim for your US iPad. (really dumb move on their part) So....I went to B-Mobile and got a 6 month sim that uses Docomo's more robust network for unlimited internet that comes to about $5 less per month than Softbank's iPad plan. LOL I also got rid of my unlimited internet on my cell with Softbank...no use for it when I have the iPad with me almost all the time.
I have a US iPad 3G-64GB in Okinawa. I do not ever want to give Softbank a single Yen. Will you share more details on how to get B-Mobile service? I have never heard of them. I tried Docomo for my jailbroken US iPhone for a while, but it was too expensive. Thank you.

OP
C

chokonen888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They suck at advertising but go to your local major electronics store (ex. BIC Camera ) and ask them for a B-Mobile SIM. (List here: b-mobile3G | Where to buy b-mobile3G )If the first person says they don't have it, ask another. When I went, half the employees had no idea what it was and thought they didn't even carry it. They did! The best balance between cost/length was 6 months so I just bought a 6 month sim. You pay it all up front but it comes to about 2490Yen per month.

My guess is after 6 months, Docomo will have something closer to this price for a non-speed limited service. I'll switch at that time =P For now, B-mobile is a cheap alternative for speeds up to 300K. Not exactly fast but enough for most mobile web browsing and much better than using your phone! (if you have internet at home or work, just set up WiFi and use that when you're at home.

My home internet contract just ran out and I'm experimenting with just using the iPad for internet. (set it up as it's own hotspot and adding a wifi antennae to my PC) Speed won't be blazing fast but it's all my internet for about 2490Yen per month. (Most would otherwise be paying about 3~5 times that for internet at home, on your iPad, and your cell phone)

Last edited:

Gadget01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My efforts to find a B-Mobile sim have turned up empty so far. I hate driving around on Okinawa even when I know exactly where I'm going- SLOOOOOW traffic, people stopping on the road to have chat-time on their phone, traffic lights timed so that you must wait on each one regardless of your speed, etc. Now try finding something you're unfamilar with... Makes me ill just thinking about it.

I'll try again a couple more times. If I remain without success, I may ask you to put one up on eBay for me. I'll be willing to give you a reasonable premium over retail to make it worth your trouble.

OP
C

chokonen888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My efforts to find a B-Mobile sim have turned up empty so far. I hate driving around on Okinawa even when I know exactly where I'm going- SLOOOOOW traffic, people stopping on the road to have chat-time on their phone, traffic lights timed so that you must wait on each one regardless of your speed, etc. Now try finding something you're unfamilar with... Makes me ill just thinking about it.

I'll try again a couple more times. If I remain without success, I may ask you to put one up on eBay for me. I'll be willing to give you a reasonable premium over retail to make it worth your trouble.

You can order them on B-Mobile's website =)

b-mobile 3G & b???? ????????????????????????

If you can't read Japanese, have a Japanese friend help you out ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts