What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad in Tokyo

chokonen888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I imported a US iPad to Japan and since I'm relatively new to apple products, I was wondering if there were any good Japanese app sites anyone could recommend?

godcape

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I imported a US iPad to Japan and since I'm relatively new to apple products, I was wondering if there were any good Japanese app sites anyone could recommend?

Are you Japanese? or living in Japan?
I am Japanese.
If you are Japanese, Yes, iTune store JP is same as others.
But if you do not want everything written in Japanese, then register with your country iTune store, Let's say, if you are register with US, you can watch a lot of US movies and TV program which not in Japanese iTune store.
But if you are Japanese, best to be in Japanese iTune store, more good Japanese apps and books etc... there.
Thanks.

godcape

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot install other apps from other site.
For iPad, all apps have to be install from iTune app store.
There are so many (best) apps in Japanese iTune app store, more than other mobile app store.
So why are you looking for other app store? All apps in Japanese should be there in iTune anyway.
You must be PC guy who downloaded a lots of application for PC from everywhere. But iPad does not work that way.
There are so many Japanese App Developer doing for the best for iTune store.
You do not need to worry nor look for others. Stay in iTune, you can get every apps you need for your iPad in iTune store soon or later too.
iTuneのアップストアーがベストです。また他からインストールすることは出来ませんよ。

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Call me paranoid, but I dont want to risk jail-breaking my iPad in case anything goes wrong. Especially while the warranty is still in effect.

godcape

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think so, at the moment, Not wise to risk jail-breaking iPad. You would not get best Apps jail-breaking, depends on what kind of Apps do you use and for the your job. but if you are just end user, no point.
Also this September new iOS4 is coming to iPad, if you jail-breaking iPad, it may not able to update to iOS4. iOS4 is very good but not iPad yet.
Specially - chokonen888, if you bought iPad in Tokyo (if), it was SIM locked one (only in Japan - for softbank), Little different. If I were you I would not jail-breaking iPad.
chokonen888, you will not get any benefit, you think download from other is better, I do not think so. No point for just showing off to someone that you have different apps.......

godcape

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, > chokonen888, you said you imported a US iPad to Japan, not Japanese iPad.

OP
C

chokonen888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a ton of useful apps and games that are free. You can always reset your iPad back to non jailbroken status fairly easy so no real risk.

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a ton of useful apps and games that are free. You can always reset your iPad back to non jailbroken status fairly easy so no real risk.

You can? Obviously, I dont know much about jailbreaking - never went into it too much as I thought it would be similar to getting a console modded.

Is there a beginners guide on how to do it? Is it simple / worth doing? And does it prevent you from downloading from the app store?

(Ive recently seen someone using a snes emulator on it, which has really got me interested!)

godcape

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I disagree >chokonen888, but it's up to you.
Most of Apps are in iTune App store and more than 200,000 application there.
How can you beat this number???
Also safe and approved by Apple.
Anyway If you find nice one, tell us all, please.
Thanks.

Rlanger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Godcape, you can still use the iTunes app store with a jail broken iPad, but you also open up many possibilities and apps that aren't available on the app store. For me, there really is no reason not to jailbreak the iPad. It is simply a much better device when jail broken.

Keroro, it is a very simple process. Just do a search for spiritjb.

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the iPad today, and it's now jalbroken :) it was so simple I don't know what I was worried about - snes4iphone rocks!!

Sent from my new baby

OP
C

chokonen888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Godcape, you can still use the iTunes app store with a jail broken iPad, but you also open up many possibilities and apps that aren't available on the app store. For me, there really is no reason not to jailbreak the iPad. It is simply a much better device when jail broken.

Keroro, it is a very simple process. Just do a search for spiritjb.

Godscape, like Rlanger said, you are not blocking youself from the app store, you're just expanding on what is available.

Most reactions

Latest posts