What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad in locked position

frankly9862

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad air 2
Ipad is locked in vertical position. Cannot rotate screen. Checked setup but cannot unlock Ipad screen. Would appreciate a helping hand to remedy situation.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums !

The iPad Air 2's screen orientation can be locked and unlocked in the Control Centre. To access it, swipe upwards from the bottom. It will look like this:
IMG_3418.PNG

Tap the red icon to unlock it.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ipad air 2
Ipad is locked in vertical position. Cannot rotate screen. Checked setup but cannot unlock Ipad screen. Would appreciate a helping hand to remedy situation.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) I too have an iPad Air 2 and occasionally will have a 'frozen screen' orientation that is not corrected by Johanna's recommendation, but try that first! Apparently, this is a known 'glitch' either w/ this device and/or the iOS. For myself (and others if you google the issue), closing the 'smart cover' and reopening may correct the problem; if not, then simply 'Restart' the iPad; if still not effective, then you'll need to do a 'Reset' (i.e. hold down both the HOME and the ON-OFF buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release and allow the iPad to reboot - NONE of your information, data, settings will be lost). Dave

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts