What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Forums App Released

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipadforums-app.jpg

iPadForums is proud to announce the official iPad App for iPadForums.net. Developed from the ground up to be iPad friendly, the app allows you to participate in all your favorite discussions with ease. Here are just a few of the benefits you'll get by using the app:

• FREE!
  • Push notification support! Get private message and subscribed thread updates from your favorite forums in the background!
  • Poll updates (Messages/Subscriptions) from favorites on home screen
  • View graphical poll results and vote on forum polls
  • Image attachment thumbnail and full size viewing from threads
  • Save thread images to your iPhone/iPod Touch library
  • Fully searchable forums
  • View embedded links without leaving the app, including YouTube videos
  • Supports portrait AND landscape mode in app
  • Full support for thread subscriptions - track your favorite threads!

We would love to see this app #1 in the social app category, so once you download the app be sure to give us a good rating. If you have problems, let us know here on the forum and we'll be sure to help.

To download the app, follow the link: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iDan said:
iPadForums is proud to announce the official iPad App for iPadForums.net. Developed from the ground up to be iPad friendly, the app allows you to participate in all your favorite discussions with ease. Here are just a few of the benefits you'll get by using the app:

[*]FREE!
[*]Push notification support! Get private message and subscribed thread updates from your favorite forums in the background!
[*]Poll updates (Messages/Subscriptions) from favorites on home screen
[*]View graphical poll results and vote on forum polls
[*]Image attachment thumbnail and full size viewing from threads
[*]Save thread images to your iPhone/iPod Touch library
[*]Fully searchable forums
[*]View embedded links without leaving the app, including YouTube videos
[*]Supports portrait AND landscape mode in app
[*]Full support for thread subscriptions - track your favorite threads!

We would love to see this app #1 in the social app category, so once you download the app be sure to give us a good rating. If you have problems, let us know here on the forum and we'll be sure to help.

To download the app, follow the link: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

I have been using the app for a couple of weeks now and it gives me fewer problems than using Safari on either my iPad or my MacBook
I haven't been able to see the graphical poll results of to vote in polls though

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very awesome, when I get home I will be getting this app! Thanks a bunch!!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One small gripe is the fact that when you use subscribed threads it quickly forgets what page you are on and when you return to them it defaults to the first.
Have taking to noting where I am now.

Otherwise good job. (spoken in best steven j voice)

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm lovin' this app. Just updated to 1.4.2 , some cool new features.
One question though. What are the RED DOTS in the corner of everyone's avatar?

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, just noticed, I can't edit this post. But I can edit ones from earlier today. Small glitch?

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found today that the bubble icon to quote a message is missing
And I didn't see an option to start a new thread
Today I am seeing red dots in the lower right corner of all the avatars but don,t find anything in the help to tell me if they are just decoration or mean something

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quote is under the blue down arrow (when you press it)
New thread is at the top of each forum page, under the "action" button (box with an arrow)
Still can't find what the red dots mean, I think it's related to who's online, etc. I suspect they can be green or yellow also. Still looking...

TheBigCheese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the app but there is one enormous annoyance. When I scroll to load more messages or threads, it goes o the top and I have to scroll way down. Is there any way around this? Is t a bug or by design?

Most reactions

Latest posts