iPad for Students

Discussion in 'iPad Reviews' started by Superbike81, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aj1

aj1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    thinking of getting one, do you think it will be good for a ryerson university course??

2. naman919

naman919
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    found a good way to sync note taker? right now I'm emailing notes to my SpringPad account then organizing them from there. any better way to keep these files in the cloud?

3. Hasty

Hasty
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    This is a major problem with NoteTaker. Would love to export my notes to Evernote for tagging and organising.
    Have emailed the dev. If enough of us do we may get lucky as he does update regularly.

4. naman919

naman919
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I emailed him as well. fingers crossed.

5. saifmahmmod

saifmahmmod
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi there, I have question
    I want to buy ipad, but I would like to ask you the following:
    Could ipad support 3 following languages: English, Russian and arabic in the sametime,
    I mean (I know 3 languages, and wanna use, and wanna read books in these 3 languages, does ipad support that or not)

6. shanshuprophecy

shanshuprophecy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Great thread. As a former university teacher, current secondary teacher, I am very interested in how students and teachers are using the iPad. I am also an app geek & love hearing about new apps. I noticed that Noterize has not been mentioned - this is a PDF driven app that enables you to do full annotations but also to add note pages and/or remove just a few pages from a large PDF to create a new file ... Has a nice UI & well worth checking out. I have a lot of note-taking apps both free & paid - 3 full folders actually & am still looking for the perfect one although there are so e really great ones around. If you do a search for " best note taking apps iPad" on Google, there are a few good reviews around but Soundnote & equivalent which let you type, write & have audio that recognizes what notes correspond to which part of the recording are amazing - there are a couple of free ones - Audio memos & audio note lite - these will give you a chance to see if this is something you will find useful. Don't be concerned about memory either - audio is amazingly small with these apps - about 24mg for an hour of lecture. I can also highly recommend Readlle Docs ($5.99) for document/ folder management - it also works as a PDF reader/annotator, is Dropbox friendly etc. Then you can organize ALL of your files & it also works well with Noterize (amongst others). Keep posting about your findings - would love to hear how you go & what turns out to be useful for your needs. ... Good luck with your semester.

7. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    iStudiezPro is another good App for keeping track of the schedule and assignments. It is superior to the Calendar, as it allows to schedule exactly during which weeks a certain class is held. You can just say psychology class is every monday 10-10.50 from the 2.2 to 25.7. Great way of keeping track of the schedule. It also imports the already existent data from thecalendar app, so that you can see any overlap immediately.

8. Demandarin

Demandarin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Penultimate is a great notetaking app.
    Inclass app is great for class sheduling, courses, and notes n more also!

9. avinhalls

avinhalls
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    An iPad is really helpful for students. They can takes notes in Ipad. I have a son who is currently studying and he keeps on borrowing my iPad to do research. I am nowadays preparation to purchase a new Ipad.

10. antonio107

antonio107
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I typically don't like to type notes. I've finished my undergraduate and master's, both with highest honors. I'm starting law school in the fall. I think I know student life ok. :D

That having been said...

Who is using penultimate or other note taking programs on the iPad? Even with a stylus, I can write any sharper or more defined than if I was using a crayon...:confused:

I'm assuming you mean typed notes. I *could* write an essay on here, but by the time it's finished draft one, i'd shuffle it over to MS word, in order to fix footnotes, margins, and all the other obligatory hooey.

It's a great tool. I can use it for rough drafts. I can read PDFs on it, and even highlight and annotate them. But I don't believe for a second that it's a substitute for pen and paper; just an invaluable counterpart! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.