What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 and students of architecture

jtune3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of my friends has just been admitted to a pretty prestigious school of Architecture. He possesses an iPhone 4 as well as a 15" Mac Book Pro, but is currently trying to convince and persuade his father to allow him to dedicate his Mac Book Pro to CAD and to replace the Mac Book Pro with an iPad2.

His father and grandfather (both of a fairly conservative bend of mind) want to know what evidence there is out there to support a student of Architecture investing in an iPad2. It appears my friend and I just haven't come up with the appropriate syntax for Google to yield concrete results. :confused:

SOS! HELP! Do any forum members have links to articles re how contemporary students of architecture might benefit in school by using an iPad2? Any concrete evidence would be deeply appreciated. :ipad-case: Thanking you in advance for your cooperation, I am, Yours faithfully, jtune3

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about making up a list of tasks that would confront an architecture student and identify how they could be done better/differently on an IPad.

Some ideas to get you started:

I use Notetaker HD. I can handwrite large and quickly on the screen and the app turns it into neat handwritten reviewable tagable notes that can be backed up. You can add drawings to the notes. You can import PDFs of class notes and other teacher handouts and add notes to them in class.

I use Goodreader to study PDF texts, again because I can annotate them and draw diagrams. If texts are available then they're easily usable on the IPad and cheaper than printed texts. Again you can backup the annotated PDFs.

To answer the question the conservatives will probably ask - when you read the reviews of these apps, and others, there aren't any complaints from people who've lost their data. I would stay away from any apps with such complaints no matter how many fancy features they have.

Most reactions

Latest posts