What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad for grad school, notes onto ppt

Ponderosa315

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an iPad 2 and am trying to get it set up for the optimal grad school experience. I have had an iPhone for about a year. I have always been a pc user and am having a hard time getting used to all the different apps and deciding which ones suit my.needs best. I have a number of productivity apps, such as notability, Dropbox, office drop, Evernote, iBooks, and cloudon. I'm trying not to get frustrated with the huge learning curve about productivity apps.

I need a way to turn a complicated ppt that a lecturer will post on blackboard into a simple outline. I know how to do this with ms ppt, but have not found an app that does this. I have great apps that will annotate onto PDF, and one that seems to turn ppt into PDF. However I want a way to simplify and condense all the info in a ppt into an outline. Any ideas are appreciated!

fleur07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to our forum! We hope you enjoy your time with us. If you have any questions, the Search feature will be your best friend. If that doesn't work, just wait someone will be around with the answers you seek. With over 200,000 members I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

While you're *looking around *here are a few links you may find useful.

We have an iPad manual available for download incase you ever need it.
Apple - Support - Manuals

Did you know we have our own App - Its pretty easy to use.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8

We also have a gaming section. There is bound to be something there you like.
iPad Games
iPad Game Specific

Last but not least. Everyone has to play by the rules here. Please read them and keep them in mind when you post. http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Again Welcome and We hope you Enjoy Your Time Here!

Fleur

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Ponderosa-I do not have an immediate answer for you, but am interested as well.

I, too, will be returning back to Grad School.. Again, and find your question of interest to me also.

Last edited:

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Save the power point in Dropbox, then open it in CloudOn. There is a tab for a notes/outline view on the top left. The outline will then appear in the left column.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...I need a way to turn a complicated ppt that a lecturer will post on blackboard into a simple outline. I know how to do this with ms ppt, but have not found an app that does this. I have great apps that will annotate onto PDF, and one that seems to turn ppt into PDF. However I want a way to simplify and condense all the info in a ppt into an outline. Any ideas are appreciated!

Hi, Ponderosa. Take a look at this thread here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/17944-editing-ppt-speaker-notes.html

In it, the poster talks about using Documents2Go to edit the speaker notes of a PowerPoint presentation. He said it was doable but sometimes frustrating (Docs2Go crashed a lot on him). However, this post was over a year old and maybe the app Docs2Go has improved...? In addition, I read that you may need the Pro version of this app for this functionality. Although I have the pro version, I haven't checked to see if that is true. I can, should you be interested.

I also read that Keynote (Apple's Excel using app) also allows you to type notes in the presenter's notes field. I don't have that app, so I don't know for sure. The only thing about Keynote is that there is no easy way to export the document. It doesn't save to Dropbox which, IMNSHO, is the best thing a student can have.

Lastly, there is a cloud usage app that lets you access Microsoft products "in the cloud." It's called OnCloud. You use the developer's secure server and can make virtually any edits and such to Microsoft Office files. I've never used this one, but it might also be worth checking out.

Hopefully some of these suggestions will help as you research for just the right solution for you. Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts