What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad FETCH when WiFi OFF?

tap50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but does the iPad try to fetch your e-mail/calendars when the WiFi is OFF? I have an iPad WiFi (no 3G) and I turn my WiFi off when not at home in order to save battery life.

Todd

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum!

Well, I guess it would try to fetch your email and stuff with the WiFi off, but of course it won't work. The other option is to set yours up so that it fetches manually. (That's what I do)

I just leave my WiFi on all the time, even when I am not at home. I know it is constantly looking for a WiFi connection, so I suppose you might be saving a little battery life by shutting it off, but the battery life is so phenomenal on the iPad (as opposed to the iPod Touch or iPhone) that I don't even worry about it. At the most, you might extend the battery life by a few minutes.

Most reactions

Latest posts