1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Mail & WIFI Issues

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by johnnysquirrel, Oct 27, 2011.

1. johnnysquirrel

johnnysquirrel iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am having difficulties receiving mail when using my iPad2 with a WIFI connection. It appears that I can send mail but does not receive mail when I hit the refresh button. I have tried 3 different WIFI locations (Starbucks, public library and a neighbor's network), I can receive mail if I turn on my cellular plan with AT&T. Also, I have checked the mail settings and fetch is set to push and I have also reset the network settings in the General Settings. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Can you connect to the Internet using Safari on WiFi? It's a strange problem that you have because, normally, it's the sending of email from a WiFi location that proves troublesome. Clearly your email settings are correct because you can send and receive email using 3G and you say you can send email on WiFi. So it's a bit of a puzzle, but just wondered if there was any problem using WiFi and Safari.

Tim
  3. johnnysquirrel

johnnysquirrel iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    no problems with safari, facebook app, nbc tv app, etc... really strange... any other suggestions.