What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad email security

SalesPro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way too keep my iPad email app, secure (via password or app) so if someone gets hold of my iPad before the auto lock sets in , that they cannot read my email? I have tried to make it work, but I have nit bee successful .

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way too keep my iPad email app, secure (via password or app) so if someone gets hold of my iPad before the auto lock sets in , that they cannot read my email? I have tried to make it work, but I have nit bee successful .

Welcome to the Forum - there is no really easy way to do this - but couldn't you just hit the Power switch to put the iPad to sleep every time you leave it? Then you'd have to enter the password to be able to start the iPad up. For those occasions when you might be called away unexpectedly, set the Autolock to the shortest time - 2 minutes.

But it's easier, really, just to get into the habit of hitting the Power switch every time you walk away.

Tim
Scotland

Reaction score
The native Mail app cannot be password-protected on non-jb iPad.

But if you were to jb, you could install Lockdown Pro and thus set a password for any app.

The other option would be to search for an alternative mail app, which auto locks when switching apps. There is one called Mailboxes, which auto locks, but it only supports Gmail accounts.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts