1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Need to lock just the "Settings App" only

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Nailbag62, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Nailbag62

Nailbag62 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We use our iPad for in-store training and display purposes. It's locked into a security device and for the most part we are with it. However we need the freedom to allow consumers to freely use our home page apps for when we are not standing there etc.

My IT department will not allow us to have the auto lockout to "Never" setting for fear that someone could access our exchange email. I know we can just turn off the account, but I think to convince them of additional security I was wondering if the was a some security app available or ? that would lock just the "Settings App"?

I am surprised this does not come with the device being it's so commonly used for public use applications.

Any help here is appreciated

Regards,

Nailbag62
  2. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
    Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search box (in the toolbar at the top right-hand side of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Help area where you’re likely to get a better response to your question.

Welcome again and enjoy!