What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad chillin in Hong Kong for 3 days?

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad2 ordered at 2:30am on the 11th shipped on the 17th and still sits at Fedex on Lantau Island, HK. Waiting patiently. Due to arrive Massachustts on the 23rd by 4:30pm. We will see.

Same situation here. Shipped on the 17th and has been sitting in Hong Kong for the past couple days. Kind of disappointing.

iPad_uPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It takes a lot of Ipads "now that they are 33% thinner" to fill that "slow boat from China". Once that boat fills up our iPads will be on their way....ha >;^ )

PommeDeSang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having same problem. Ordered my iPad from Apple at a little under 14 minutes after it was available. All accessories except dock arrived in just a few days no problem. My iPad has been stuck at the FedEx facility at Lantau Island ever since the morning of the 17th. Called Fed Ex yesterday and she said, Oh, it's fine. It's on time. I don't see how it can get here by tomorrow afternoon. Never again will I order online. Comforting to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

PommeDeSang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 has finally docked in Anchorage. It might be here by tomorrow. Apple stores all over metro Atlanta and I ordered online. Never again. My stupid mistake.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is still sitting in Taiwan after three days on the island. It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but don't really think that is likely. 

fisk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is on its fourth day in China. Ok Fedex, its time to get moving. :mad:

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is kinda weird...mine's in lantau waiting now too...waiting in china is unreal, I've never had anything in 4 years of ordering from apple, staying in china more than that day--going to hk that night...but everyone is having issues, it's just a matter of where...shenzen, hk, or ak customs who want read the back of every box or something....I was extremely pissed, to put it as civily as I possibly can, when I saw you couldn't upgrade the shipping...even for 30, considering for ipad 1, when I ordered it, it was 13$ for expedited...

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is on the truck for delivery now. So even with the three days on the island, it still will arrive on the scheduled date, and within the dates given when ordering, so can't really complain I guess! Just glad to finally be getting it!

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok now I'm worried again!

Mar 23, 2011 10:36 AM In transit INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Mar 23, 2011 8:31 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery ROLLA, MO
Mar 23, 2011 8:22 AM At local FedEx facility ROLLA, MO
Mar 23, 2011 5:17 AM At dest sort facility BERKELEY, MO
Mar 23, 2011 5:30 AM Departed FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN

fisk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That doesnt make sense at all. As long as they were going to be in Indy, I wish they would have dropped mine off... :)

PommeDeSang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Up until an hour ago it said it would be delivered on time by 4:30pm today. It's 4:54pm. Talked to the Apple department at Fed Ex. She was very nice. Said a large shipment of iPad 2's from Lantau Island was late going out, arrived late in Alaska and didn't get sent out as planned. Has actually just recently left Alaska and will be in my area sometime tonight and I should receive the iPad tomorrow or the next day. She said "a lot of people ordered the iPad 2". Like that's a reason for the delay? For crappy service? Anyway. Here's hoping it arrives within the next 48 hours. :(

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received mine two hours ago. Not sure why it was updated to say in transit in Indianapolis again, but it wasn't true! Love it!

Most reactions

Latest posts