What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad chillin in Hong Kong for 3 days?

bigsubmaween

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so our ipads shipped the 6th, apple said it would be here the 8th, fedex said the 9th by 10:30am, but its been sitting in lantau island for 2 or 3 days now.....and fedex just removed the estimated ship date??? im confused...anyone else having the same weirdness happening?

Jun 7, 2010 11:59 PM
At local FedEx facility
LANTAU ISLAND HKJun 6, 2010 11:47 PMIn transitLANTAU ISLAND HKJun 6, 2010 10:52 PMAt local FedEx facilityLANTAU ISLAND HKJun 6, 2010 9:29 AMPicked upSHENZHEN CNPackage received after FedEx cutoffJun 5, 2010 3:34 PMShipment information sent to FedEx

offthespoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Believe it or not I have the exact same problem, with the exact same shipping/tracking info. Apple e-mail said delivered by the 8th and FedEx shipping said by this morning (9th) by 10:30 AM. Was looking good when it shipped on the 6th but after arriving in Lantau Island HK, it was in transit from there, and then it said it was back there again and hasn't changed for a few days... so impatient haha

nextgeneration

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too and seeing the same thing. Received shipment notification on the 5th -- still waiting. FedEx tracking page still shows the iPad at the local FedEx facility in Lantau.

Unbelievable. I've always had issues like this with FedEx. They truly, honestly suck, in my opinion.

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so our ipads shipped the 6th, apple said it would be here the 8th, fedex said the 9th by 10:30am, but its been sitting in lantau island for 2 or 3 days now.....and fedex just removed the estimated ship date??? im confused...anyone else having the same weirdness happening?

Jun 7, 2010 11:59 PM
At local FedEx facility
LANTAU ISLAND HKJun 6, 2010 11:47 PMIn transitLANTAU ISLAND HKJun 6, 2010 10:52 PMAt local FedEx facilityLANTAU ISLAND HKJun 6, 2010 9:29 AMPicked upSHENZHEN CNPackage received after FedEx cutoffJun 5, 2010 3:34 PMShipment information sent to FedEx

Yeah, your iPads are probably chillin' in HK (with the storm and all) and most likely sampling the excellent Dimsum too...yummy! :D

Kidding aside, I hope you get your toys soon.

Jennick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad sitting in Hong Kong

Yes, mine seems to be sitting as well. Was supposed to be delivered by 10:30 today.. now no delivery date shows at the Fedex site..

Date/Time
Jun 8, 2010 11:36 PMAt local FedEx facility LANTAU ISLAND HK
Jun 7, 2010 3:51 AMAt local FedEx facilityLANTAU ISLAND HK
Jun 7, 2010 2:33 AMIn transitLANTAU ISLAND HK
Jun 6, 2010 7:55 PMPicked upSHENZHEN CN

Last edited:

sbarnes8478

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps Apple has finally run out of iPads....

We know they've had production volume issues from day 1 due to unexpacted demand

nextgeneration

iPF Noob
Reaction score

We know they've had production volume issues from day 1 due to unexpacted demand

Clearly our iPads have already been manufactured if we've received notifications they've shipped.

sbarnes8478

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Clearly our iPads have already been manufactured if we've received notifications they've shipped.

I know :) I was just trying to stir the paranoia pot a little.

Maybe they've discovered a production fault in the most recent run because they've increased production beyond capacity. Perhaps the last round of shipments have been recalled ... (STIR STIR STIR the pot)

nextgeneration

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I know :) I was just trying to stir the paranoia pot a little.

Maybe they've discovered a production fault in the most recent run because they've increased production beyond capacity. Perhaps the last round of shipments have been recalled ... (STIR STIR STIR the pot)

I'm pretty sure FedEx just sucks :).

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once my iPad left Shenzhen, it arrived pretty quickly. Sometimes the updating is a little slower but it actually is in transit. LOL @ stirring the pot. When I was waiting for mine to arrive in Canada, I was pretty anxious too. Checked several times a day to see where my new prized possession was. It was well over a year, since I first heard of their development and knew I wanted one, so a few weeks of yearning after pre-ordering to feel it actually in my hands was relatively short.

OP
B

bigsubmaween

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok got it figured out, there is a special section in fedex that handles this direct shipment stuff. it got delayed in HK for one day she said. but she also said that it was in the usa but in customs...so it should take a little while there and then ship out tomorrow or friday. friday the latest. and for some unknown reason the website isnt being informed of all the changes. hope this helps!

facmgr27104

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same Here

Same shipping date, June 6th. Delivery date June 9th, 10:30. Now no delivery date. Has anyone asked FedEx what's up? You don't think the island has sunk with all the IPADs they have on it now? :confused:

nextgeneration

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same shipping date, June 6th. Delivery date June 9th, 10:30. Now no delivery date. Has anyone asked FedEx what's up? You don't think the island has sunk with all the IPADs they have on it now? :confused:

Yes. Apparently the shipments left Hong Kong, went to Taiwan, and left Taiwan where they'll land in Anchorage, Alaska.

It will need to clear customs -- so I reckon our shipments are in customs as of current.

FedexLaShelia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, this is FedEx LaShelia. I would like to take this time to apologize for any inconvenience caused due to your iPad shipments not being received by the commitment date found during tracking. We would like to assist each of our customers with individualized details. For greater assistance please email your tracking and delivery information to fedex-lashelia at fedex.com . We are more than happy to help you in obtaining not only your shipment, but also the most current details available regarding your expected delivery. You can also contact our International Customer Service line 24 hours a day at 1-800-247-4747

Most reactions

Latest posts