What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Camera not working

athomas80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The camera on my iPad is not working. When I open it it looks like it is taking pictures constantly. But no pictures are actually being taken. There are colored fuzzy lines down the screen after it tries to take a picture. Any help anyone could give to help would be appreciated.

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These may sound like silly questions, but it's best to get the basics checked.
Do you have a cover on your iPad that is compatible. Ie, that isn't covering the lens.
Do you have the same issues when you change to face view?
Do you have the same issue if trying to video?
Have you tried using the camera inside an app, and does it work then?

OP
A

athomas80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The fuzzy lines show up with and without the cover on the iPad. The video and the camera both show the same lines and it looks like it keeps taking pictures, but isn't really. When I turn the camera to face view, it works just fine. The camera will not work inside an app. Thanks for any help given.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Athomas and welcome to the forum! :)

I also will suggest a few more 'basic' steps (if not already tried?) - when an App is misbehaving a 'force shut' may restore its function, i.e. open the multi-taskbar by double tapping the home button or by using multi-finger gesturing; find the Camera icon; press & hold until all jiggle; press the minus sign; return to the home screen and try again.

If the above does not correct the problem, then 'Restart' and if not effective 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE - good luck and please post back to this thread if the app/camera is still not working correctly!

OP
A

athomas80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the force shut down and restarting the iPad and the camera is still behaving in the way I mentioned above.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
sounds like a faulty camera to me.

take it in to the apple store while its still under the 1 year warranty so they can replace it.

Most reactions

Latest posts