What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Bluetooth connection to car stero...

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone is voice for hands free however iPad is just music which is Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP

That allow music to be sent from any blue tooth device. What you need is a Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP sound system. see parrot.com for ideas plus many more on searching the net.

Phone Hands free systems do not support music unless the system sports A2DP I use. Parrot 9200 A2dp sound system for both hands free and music

Hope that helps

deckard71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone is voice for hands free however iPad is just music which is Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP

That allow music to be sent from any blue tooth device. What you need is a Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP sound system. see parrot.com for ideas plus many more on searching the net.

Phone Hands free systems do not support music unless the system sports A2DP I use. Parrot 9200 A2dp sound system for both hands free and music

Hope that helps

That is true, iPad BT protocol does not support HandsFree, whilst the iphone does.

However, there is an app called "Bluetooth Mono" (available in Cydia) which supossedly converts A2DP to Mono. My Car Bluetooth does not support A2DP so I have tried this app, and it worked great with my iphone, sending music and whichever sound from the iPhone to the Car Hands Free system. But I have tried it in the iPad, and it did not work. I still do not understand why, it should work, as this app turns A2DP into a Mono signal...

Most reactions

Latest posts