What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad/bath

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sapper756 said:
I have just dropped my ipad into my bath, I got it out as quick as possible, will it be ok once it has dried out?

Stick it in a big bag of rice as quick ad you can. Really.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sapper756 said:
I have just dropped my ipad into my bath, I got it out as quick as possible, will it be ok once it has dried out?

Turn it completely off!!!! That means the red slider. And leave it al least for a couple days. But since the iPad is so closed up, I would leave it for at least a week. It should be fine but who knows with so much technology in such a compact device? If it were mine, I would leave it in a cool dry place for a couple weeks. Oh yeah, rice! (Why did you have it in the bathtub?)...

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 said:
Haha, you should check out this waterproof iPad case. Spotted it the otherday, looks perfect if you fancy a good read in the tub. :)

Take a book next time lot cheaper to replace than an iPad. Unless it is a first edition or something.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
S

sapper756

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you all for the replies, the ipad is now resting in a tray of rice, and by the way, I was watching a game of football while resting in a warm bath, WOT A PLONKER!!

Fletchi18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've also heard, along with putting it in rice, that you should put it somewhere it is warm - like on the back of a tube TV. There is juuuust enough heat coming off of that kind of TV all of the time to keep it at a good temp. You don't want it too hot. Helps with drying the device out quicker.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
Turn it completely off!!!! That means the red slider. And leave it al least for a couple days. But since the iPad is so closed up, I would leave it for at least a week. It should be fine but who knows with so much technology in such a compact device?

Actually if you look at the innards of an iPad (Google one of those iPad dismantling pages), you'll see that the electronic bits are quite small, with the twin batteries taking up most of the volume and weight.

Shthpnz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been there, done that...

@Sapper756:
Me too, I did drop the iPad in the bath. :p

So I placed it standing up and connector side down on a towel. Let it drip and after 3 hours I checked the results. Everything was OK, except the loudspeaker. Nothing, Nada.

After a day I did heard the speaker very softly, so it was time to start using the iPad again. After 3 days the speaker had a healthy volume. No problems ever since.

So Sapper756: you and I have the cleanest iPads on Earth! ;)

Good Luck, keep us updated!

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Worth leaving in a room with air conditioning if you have it - will help to remove the moisture from the unit but the rice tip is well worth it.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
Actually if you look at the innards of an iPad (Google one of those iPad dismantling pages), you'll see that the electronic bits are quite small, with the twin batteries taking up most of the volume and weight.

Um duh. I already know that. My comment still stands. A lot of technology in such a small space.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Shthpnz said:
@Sapper756:

So Sapper756: you and I have the cleanest iPads on Earth! ;)

I take it you used Irish Spring?

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sapper756 said:

Hope you come back and report how it worked out for you.

Most reactions

Latest posts