What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad/bath

OP
S

sapper756

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Insurance company are paying up, £499 minus £100 excess

should I purchase a replacement Ipad 16gb wifi 3G

or pay a little more and upgrade my memory to 64gb wifi 3G

or go for an Ipad2 16gb wifi 3g

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kayno said:
The iPad 2's don't have the moisture censor like the older devices. if it gets damaged from water, apple has no way of knowing. Saw an article on this today. So if it goes bad, try and get a replacement first, then see what happens.

sapper756 said:

iPad 2.
Reason: ^

Kayno

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I would go for the iPad 2. A chanced to upgrade.

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the future, you should probably use a proper desiccant like DriRite or silica gel. They can be found at any major store. It will be bone dry in 24 hours (probably more like 6, but to be safe)

JaneiL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Next time you should put it into something. I've found the iLoc case useful. iLocstore.com

bill_d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got me looking for one to
i found this, have avoided reading in tub but this looks like it would work

Last edited by a moderator:

kingron500

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also dropped my ipad in the tub about a half hour ago. it was in a cloth case or some material not metal, i got it out, dried the case then the ipad. i checked for solutions while having it stand against the wall behind my clock to hopefully dry out. i read to turn it off but when i tried it shows the background images and the center apple button all behind white and goes on and off. it's a really special ipad with inscription on back and i have to fix it!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I also dropped my ipad in the tub about a half hour ago. it was in a cloth case or some material not metal, i got it out, dried the case then the ipad. i checked for solutions while having it stand against the wall behind my clock to hopefully dry out. i read to turn it off but when i tried it shows the background images and the center apple button all behind white and goes on and off. it's a really special ipad with inscription on back and i have to fix it!

Try packing it in rice to help absorb the moisture. Leave it there for several days. Do not try to operate the iPad until it has completely dries out. Even after it's dry, there is the very real possibility that your iPad is beyond recovery as the water damage could cause internal short circuits, corrosion, etc. if you have AppleCare+ you are covered for up to 2 instances of accidental damage during the life of the plan. If you are not covered under the AppleCare plan, the repair cost of the iPad is about 1/2 the cost of a new iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts