What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad backup problem

Ac4m2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad backups problems :S
Hi! hope someone can help me...

Yesterday night I made a backup of my iPad, right clicked over it, and selected backup, and then again, transfer purchases, and again backup.

I decided to give my brothers my ipad 1, given I was switching to ipad 2.

So I proceeded to delete all my things from it, and transferred all their programs to the ipad.

To my surprise this morning when I attempted to do the backup, it wasn't there :'(, only a newer one with my brothers new apps!

I assume the backup was overwritten or deleted :S is there anyway to run a drive genius or recovery prog to find the data? :S or do some e-data recovery on it to rebuild the image? (I had a lot of new info on it from my note taking apps)

The mac used hasn't been restarted, so if there is any temporary or hidden data i guess it should still be there (no so hopeful given unix structure)

any ideas or hep?

thanks!

OP
A

Ac4m2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!

Lesson learned, backing up the backup from now on :p

Reaction score
Well, yes a backup of the backup is always a good option, as iTunes only keeps one backup at a time.

I just ran into the same trap, backed up the iPad, restored, and now all apps are gone from the backup, even though Mail, Notes, Contacts and FaceTime have all data saved.

Is it possible that something deletes all app including settings from backups? I have 3 different backups, from iPad 1 and 2, but none of the backup's restore any apps on my iPad 2. The weird thing is, that I used the oldest backup previously to restore the iPad 2 and it had all the apps & settings. No idea, why the data would suddenly disappear.

Oh well, did a fresh backup from iPad 1 and restored it onto iPad 2.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The apps themseves are not backed up in the backup. They are stored in iTune, just like music or videos. You have to turn this on under the Apps syncing options. If you go to my link, expand the first section and you will see another expandable section that lists what is included in the backup file itself.

Most reactions

Latest posts