What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup/Restore Question

Neccoguy21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I looked for the answer to my question but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

My main concern about doing a backup/restore is losing things like my progress in all my games. I would just throw my iPad out the window if I did a restore and my iPad acted like it was the first time I had ever played any game. I don't want to lose my hard earned progress in all my games!

If I do a backup/restore on my iPad, will my apps info restore as well? Or will it be like deleting it, then reinstalling, therefor my iPad thinks it's the first time I've, for example, played a game, and I no longer have my progress?

Second question:

If I do a backup of my apps, then uninstall them from my iPad later, then reinstall them from iTunes on my computer where the apps backup is, will I get the backed up data back? Or will it be like a new install and I would need to do a restore to get that data back?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts