What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad apps?

ares25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so im taking computer programing in school and we get to try to create our own apps, is there any ideas you can think of? anything that would be a big hit and that people would buy? games are more than welcome thanks!! also i will mention you if the app gets into the store and goes crazy!

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We had moved your thread to the iPad apps area, you will get better attention in here.

fogislandgames

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so im taking computer programing in school and we get to try to create our own apps, is there any ideas you can think of? anything that would be a big hit and that people would buy? games are more than welcome thanks!! also i will mention you if the app gets into the store and goes crazy!

You have to do what you enjoy, but I recommend a few things:
1-The game should be quick to play
2-Integrate GameCenter/MultiPlayer
3-Be ready to invest in sounds & graphics if they are not your strong suit. Probably more important than the programming (but be bug free!)

If you are not use to openGL, then I recommend you keep the game simple where you can use preset images and UIViews.

Ideally, create a card game or dice game that you can playtest without coding first. That way you can tweak it a lot with your friends to make sure it's fun. Once you get the hang of the game, then you can focus on the programming part. Good luck!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you feel like learning how to develop your own apps you can do so for free. Go to iTunes on your iPad, click on 'iTunesU' at the bottom right hand side, select 'Universities and Colleges', then scroll to Stanford. Scroll right through the courses and you'll find a 25 lecture course on programming iPad apps. It's free and, by the end of the course, you'll be able to program some simple apps yourself. It's a great resource from one of the best Universities in the world.

It's now available at

Developing Apps for iOS (HD) - Download free content from Stanford on iTunes

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts