What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Note taking app with templates

seedling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

First post, here goes.

So, I've convinced my company to buy a set of iPads to go as paperless as possible on the move, and to completely eradicate them I'm looking for an app which strangely doesn't seem to be around, unless I'm mistaken.

This app would support handwriting ideally, export to a usuable filetype for our windows system for filing (pdf ideally, though anything would do) and most importantly allow me to upload the template we're already using or at least create something similar that would be ready to go everytime someone needed to make one of these notes (a mixture of text and tick boxes would do).

Has anyone come across anything like this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not completely sure they fit your needs, but you might look at iAnnotate, PDF Expert and Note Taker HD.

There are others, but thats what pops to mind first.

Reaction score
To work with templates, you will most likely have to use two apps, because as soon as you edit a file, does it save the changes onto the original file, there is currently no app with real templates, Pages has some, but they are preset and you cannot edit them.

So the best option would be to use Goodreader and then whatever PDF/.doc/.xls editing app you would need. You would copy all your templates into Goodreader, organize them in folders, and whenever you want to edit a file, use the Open In... feature to open the file in the editing app. That way the source file/template in Goodreader never gets edited.

Most reactions

Latest posts