What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad and work?

Mck22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 1 and have it jailbroken. What are the must have apps, cydia downloads, and accessories that you use for work?

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an ipad 1 and have it jailbroken. What are the must have apps, Cydia downloads, and accessories that you use for work?

I depend upon iFile and Pages. Yup, Pages is a ten buck app from Apple, but for what I need, it is just fine. I cannot live without iFile because it lets me more easily deal with the file system and use my SD Cards.

Yesterday, I bought an Apple Bluetooth keyboard. Adds functionality like arrow keys to move the cursor where it is needed. Very small and thin and it fits my daily carry bag. Although, the soft keyboard Apple provixdes is as easy to use (for me) than any external keyboard.

I have a cheap leather case for my iPad that doubles as a stand, so it sits at a nice angle.

Bob

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What are the must have apps, cydia downloads, and accessories that you use for work?

I forgot to ask about the work you do. Every business has specific app types they like or need, so what do you do for a living?

Bob

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do a lot of presentations and demos, so DisplayOut is my must have tweak for work!

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do a lot of presentations and demos, so DisplayOut is my must have tweak for work!

I write so all I need to be able to do is create doc and text files. Pretty simple stuff and like I said, I use Pages. For me, that is a great program and the lack of features that Open Office or Word provides is not a problem.

Bob

OP
M

Mck22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am in the staffing industry. My focus is in commercial accounts. I do have displayout, but that is about it. We use Siebel for records as well as the usual word excel and powerpoint. I would love to figure out how to log into my computer from my ipad, so when I am at home or on the road and need a file I can get it. I tried to figure it out on my own but had no luck. I wasnt sure if someone knew of a good step by step video on how to. We have pc's at work. Thanks again for the help and tips.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Mck22 said:
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am in the staffing industry. My focus is in commercial accounts. I do have displayout, but that is about it. We use Siebel for records as well as the usual word excel and powerpoint. I would love to figure out how to log into my computer from my ipad, so when I am at home or on the road and need a file I can get it. I tried to figure it out on my own but had no luck. I wasnt sure if someone knew of a good step by step video on how to. We have pc's at work. Thanks again for the help and tips.

Give mocha rdp a look

They have a lite free version to try out on the iTunes store

Most reactions