What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unofficial Accessory Tweak

brittany16950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay you guys, I did my homework and searched this discussion and I didn't find a thread, so here goes: I have a jail broken iPad 1 and a cheap 5 in 1 camera connector. I am running iOS 5.1.1. I want an app that will prevent my iPad from telling me "This accessory not supported by iPad." I want it to work!! Can you direct me to the right app or tweak in Cydia please? Thank you!
Britt

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The tweak "NoAccessorySplash IOS4" was what I used to use to do this, but (given the clue in it's name) I have no idea whether it still works on IOS5. You can only give it a try!

Good luck! :D

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The tweak "NoAccessorySplash IOS4" was what I used to use to do this, but (given the clue in it's name) I have no idea whether it still works on IOS5. You can only give it a try!

Good luck! :D

Still works. Tested it with my iPad2.

OP
brittany16950

brittany16950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aw, thanks folks!! Lemme try it (I might just have a dud accessory), and I'll post back with the verdict!

OP
brittany16950

brittany16950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
brittany16950 said:
Aw, thanks folks!! Lemme try it (I might just have a dud accessory), and I'll post back with the verdict!

Okay. No go yo. didn't work. The company I bought the camera connector from is sending me a new one. Which is nice, I didn't expect them to do that. Pleasantly surprised.

OP
brittany16950

brittany16950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, so I got a new camera connector kit. It still doesn't work. Not only that, but I have an official 30 pin to HDMI cord kit, and I get the same message: This accessory is not supported by iPad. Crazy, 'cause that thing was $50. Does anybody know if this is a hardware or a software problem? I am running ReSupported4 and I still get that message.

Most reactions

Latest posts