What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF files on iPad Air

A Neal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an iPad Air. On my PC I have some emags in pdf format that I would like to be able to access on the iPad but can't figure out how to do this. I did download Adobe Reader. And I did put one on iCloud drive (for windows), but can't seem to access iCloud drive from my iPad. I am updated to iOS 8. Thanks for any suggestions.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can access the files on your iPad by using the app/folder that you used to store it to iCloud Drive on your computer, as I understand it.

If you stored the file to the Adobe Reader folder within iCloud Drive on the PC, you should be able to see it in the Adobe Reader app on your iPad.

Make sure the app is enabled on your iPad in Settings - iCloud - iCloud Drive.

I don't use this feature on my computer, so I'm not quite certain how exactly it works. I hope it helps a bit.

Last edited:
OP
A

A Neal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much, J.A. I will try this. In the meantime, searching the previous posts (which I should have done before I posted) gave me this answer ---

"I use SkyDrive, it being more generous in providing 7 free gigs compared to DropBox's 2gigs ( further storage purchases quite reasonable in price also) I hope I am not telling something you already know.
Simply download the iPad's SkyDrive App and then onto your PC the SkyDrive App suitable for that (I have Win7 recently updated to Win8) and it's a simple matter to sync all your data back and forth between the two devices. Just copy/paste or drag and drop stuff into your PC's SkyDrive file and it will appear in your iPad's SkyDrive App.
Regards, Andrew"
and since I do use OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive), I tried it and it works!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SkyDrive is online storage, as well as Dropbox (mentioned in your post), Google Drive, Box and many others. They all have in common that they sync between operating systems and devices. iCloud Drive is now meant to work almost the same way. :)

Last edited:
OP
A

A Neal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, J.A. Eventually I will figure it out and will probably kick myself for not seeing it earlier. But until I do, I'll just use OneDrive.

Steelback

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Providing they are not too large PDF files, just email them to yourself. Then open on your Ipad,Works fine for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts