What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Air storage capacity

clind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi... I am Cary, from Houston.I would like to purchase a new IPad Air, and want to be able to transfer pdf files, on all 150 clients, to an IPad Air. I would need to store approximately 750 pages of pdf text.I will also have a few books, magazines, and pictures on the device. I will not store much music or movies. My question is which IPad is best for keeping up with my files? I want to have enough storage so as to be able to both enjoy the device, as well as have all of my client's data available on the device, as well as on both my MacBook Pro and in the cloud; I have been told that the 32 - 64 gig should take care of it, but then some say purchase the 128 IPad Air... What do you think? Do pdf text files take up a lot of storage? Thanks for the advice... Cary in Houston...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just figure up how much space all that stuff you have takes, then add some extra, keeping in mind that if you get a 32GB iPad, you don't get all of that 32GB for your files and apps, as some is taken by the OS and default apps that come with the iPad. You haven't given enough info for anyone to know what your needs are because storage is not a function of how many files you have, but what size they are.

Last edited:
OP
C

clind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Each file contains 190 KB... I have 150 files... I'm not sure how that computes... That would be the maximum, in addition to apps.. Since I don't have the IPad yet, just wanted to know how much storage that kind of data would take..

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Each file contains 190 KB... I have 150 files... I'm not sure how that computes... That would be the maximum, in addition to apps.. Since I don't have the IPad yet, just wanted to know how much storage that kind of data would take..

Roughly, 1000 KB = 1MB. 1000MB = 1G. 200KB x 5 = 1MB. 150/5=30. 30x1MB=30MB.

Geez...that's hardly nothing. You can store all of that in a fraction of a 1GB. So, your needs are minor, as far as these PDFs go. Keep in mind that once you get an iPad you'll find all kinds of other things to do with it, so you may still one to get say a 32GB model. It really comes down to your budget. Also, consider the mini 2 (with retina display) as it is 100$ less than the Air but is oh so much more portable and easy to stash away.

OP
C

clind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much... I found the KB converter, and you are so right that it's not really that much... I will get either the 64 or 128, because I know I will find a lot of use.. Thanks for taking the time to reply... I appreciate it very much...

Most reactions